Let's explore the interesting opinions surrounding the popular franchise, "Gotoubun no Hanayome" (The Quintessential Quintuplets). Get ready to have some fun and find out what others are saying about it!
So, there's this Twitter user, "@kkusamaraNo" whose opinion about "Gotoubun no Hanayome" went viral. She openly criticized the franchise, calling it "unpleasant to watch" She even added, "I'm sorry if you like it, but seriously, it's just weird. I didn't think it would be so obvious, but it's a story for guys"
Now, normally, a single tweet might not have caused a stir. But guess what? Other women started chiming in and expressing similar sentiments. Take, for example, "@lcuxx" who said, "It's just a fantasy anime for virgins" Ouch, that's quite a direct comment. And then there was "@angellluuuu" who exclaimed "I was surprised they could make such a tasteless romantic comedy these days"
More Reactions to "Gotoubun no Hanayome"
The conversation didn't stop there. Many other users shared their thoughts, and here are a few interesting ones:
- One person said, "I really tried to watch it, but it was impossible. It seemed unpleasant to me. I know some high school girls watch it, but I would recommend they don't"
- Another comment read, "I don't want to see works that present this kind of image of women as convenient for men in characters and plots. Most novel-type works are like that, but they focus on it and develop the story, which makes me very uncomfortable".
- Someone else pointed out, "If the protagonist were handsome and good-looking, I would understand, but he's an average guy throughout the entire series. It's too convenient for men. In fact, no one writes a reverse harem with an average girl at the center, but there are so many harem works with guys as protagonists. Even if someone were to write a manga about an ugly girl harem, wouldn't it happen that these women suddenly become beautiful, and the work becomes popular?"
- The discussion continued in online forums in Japan, where users wondered why some women seem to dislike the story of "Gotoubun no Hanayome" One person even said, "I think even some men find it an unpleasant story".
Exploring Different Perspectives
It's fascinating to see the range of opinions and reactions to this anime. Some people argue that it's just fiction and should be viewed as a convenient portrayal of women. Others find it uncomfortable and question the motivations behind such stories. And let's not forget those who enjoy the series and appreciate the cute character designs.
At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own taste and preferences when it comes to anime. It's essential to respect differing viewpoints and remember that not every show will resonate with everyone.
However, the trend was also discussed on comment boards in Japan, with netizens wondering why some women don't seem to appreciate the story of Gotoubun no Hanayome:
- «I think even some men find it a nasty story».
- «If they can't tolerate stories like Gotoubun no Hanayome, what will happen when they find out the story of the schoolgirl who sleeps with men in exchange for food and shelter?».
- «The girls came to this manga because it seems that shoujo is on the wane, that's what's happening
- «Anyone would say that most men see it».
- «Well, it is fiction, it is evident that it will present a convenient image of women. I mean, I don't think readers think these things actually happen, do they?».
- «I have been stumped by the comments. No wonder these women are disgusted by the male lead».
- «Live-action dramas are terrible too, but you don't see men criticizing them».
- «It's okay to be unhappy with the first season, let's remember that the character design was bad back then».
- «It's the bad thing that anime becomes more and more popular among the general public».
- «There is too much unattractiveness in the men of today's rom-coms. It's like the authors know their readers are unattractive otakus.».
- «It's not my favorite, but compared to other rom-coms, I don't think it's especially for men. I think he's just a smart lead who teaches the dumb quintuplets how to study, gets to know them, and ends up dating one of them. It's not like he started dating all of them at once.».
- «Well, if you only look at the first episode, it's definitely an awkward story. I don't know why I have that impression».
- «I don't think it's much different from shoujo manga about harems. Both are unpleasant themes that only make otakus believe that they too can have a romantic life.».
- «Why do you try so hard to see something you don't like? Can the desire to criticize transcend patience?».
- «Well I also left it in the first episode of the anime. The protagonist's voice seemed boring to me».
- «Well, it's an anime for nasty otakus. You still can't complain from the feminine side, considering that nasty women consume homoerotic manga.».
- «I think it's partly the design that makes it popular with girls. It's not like your typical shonen manga style. Also, many people misunderstand it, but women tend to like cute female characters.».
- «As this woman knows Kanojo mo Kanojo, I think she will go crazy».
- «Men don't enjoy rom-coms for women either, that's the way it is».
Embrace Your Own Unique Anime Journey!
So, what's the takeaway from all this? Well, it's simple—don't be afraid to explore different anime genres and find what you genuinely enjoy. Whether it's cute, dark, or a mix of both (like yami-kawaii), there's something out there for everyone.
If "Gotoubun no Hanayome" doesn't strike your fancy, there are countless other series waiting to be discovered. The world of anime is vast and diverse, filled with captivating stories, lovable characters, and breathtaking animation. It's a journey that's uniquely yours to embark on!
Maybe you're into the cute and heartwarming vibes of "K-On!" or the action-packed adventures of "Attack on Titan" Perhaps the dark and twisted tales of "Death Note" or the magical world of "Sailor Moon" are more your cup of tea. The beauty of anime is that it offers something for every taste and preference.
So, if you're feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of anime series out there, take a deep breath and dive in! Start with a genre that piques your interest or follow recommendations from friends or online communities. You can also explore streaming platforms like Crunchyroll, Funimation, or Netflix, which offer a wide variety of anime titles to choose from.
Remember, the magic of anime lies in its ability to transport you to different worlds, evoke a range of emotions, and spark your imagination. It's a form of entertainment that can bring people together, create lasting memories, and even inspire you in unexpected ways.
And hey, don't be afraid to embrace your own unique anime style! Express yourself and let your passion shine. After all, anime is all about celebrating individuality and finding joy in what resonates with you.
So, my dear fellow anime lover, as you continue your journey through the captivating world of anime, remember to keep an open mind, explore new horizons, and most importantly, have fun! There's a whole universe of anime waiting to be discovered, and the adventure begins with you.
I'd love to hear from you! Share your favorite anime series, memorable moments, or recommendations in the comments below. Let's connect and geek out together over our shared love for all things anime.