On the official page for the animated adaptation of Yuri genre novels by Iori Miyazawa, Urasekai picnic ((Picnic on the other side) a new 30-second commercial was released for the project. The video shows a fragment of the opening theme titled “Minikui Ikimono” performed by CHiCO with HoneyWorks.
The premiere of the series is planned for January 4, 2021 in Japan and will be confirmed with a total of twelve episodes. On the other hand, the thirteenth single by CHiCO with HoneyWorksThe title "Oni no Mori / Minikui Ikimono" will be released in physical form on February 3, 2021 in Japan.
The editorial Hayakawa Publishing published the first volume of this series in February 2017 with illustrations by Shirakabaand the fourth volume was released in December 2019. Eita Mizuno has been publishing a manga adaptation of the work in the magazine since February 2018 Shonen Gangan from the publisher Square enix.
- Yumiri Hanamori as Sorao Kamikoshi.
- Ai Kayano as Toriko Nishina.
- Rina Hidaka like Kozakura.
- Miyu Tomita as Akari Seto.
- Takuya Satou is responsible for directing the anime in the studios EYE FILMS and Felix filmand is also responsible for writing the scripts.
- Ayumi Nishibata ((Kuromukuro) is responsible for the character design and the direction of animation.
- Kazutaka Ema is responsible for the creature design and Masahiro go is the publisher.
- Takeshi Watanabe ((To Love-Ru, Ro-kyu-bu!) is responsible for composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis of the Urasekai picnic
The original novel is set in the modern world, but there are doors that can lead people to the "other side" where strange urban legends and internet myths turn out to be real. University student Sorawo Kamikoshi discovers one of these doors and almost dies on the other side until she is rescued by another girl named Toriko Nishina.
Toriko has a mysterious charisma, but is familiar with weapons and seems to be looking for someone on the other side. Together the girls will explore each of the doors in the world.
Source: Comic Natalie
© 宮 澤伊 織 ・ 早川 DS / DS 研