It also opened for manga in 2021. Also this year there will be a lot of news from the many magazines that populate the Japanese sector. The weekly Shonen Jump is already being renewed, but in the meantime the Shueisha house has some thick titles that have started in recent years. Monster # 8, Oshi no Ko and others will also compete for the Taisho Award.
In fact, the fourteenth edition of this coveted award is opening, focusing on the newest titles in the manga landscape. Indeed, candidates for that Manga TaishoNo more than eight volumes may be published by the end of 2020. The following 10 are selected as candidates:
- Oshi no Ko by Aka Akasaka and Mengo Yokoyari;;
- Chi-Chikyū no Undō ni Tsuite- from Uoto;
- Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endo;;
- Mizu wa Umi ni Mukatte Nagareru from Rettō Tajima;
- BL Metamorphosis by Kaori Tsurutani;
- Monster # 8 by Naoya Matsumoto;;
- Jun Mayuzuki's Kowloon Generic Romance;
- Sousou no Freezing by Kanehito Yamada and Abe Tsukasa;;
- Onna no Sono no Hoshi by Yama Wayama;
- Karaoke Iko! by Yama Wayama.
The committee consists of 95 people selected from a number of Japanese bookstores, and the titles were selected from 216 candidates. Of course, Spy x Family by Tatsuya Endo, one of the main hits of Shueisha's recent years, and the double nomination of Yama Wayama stand out. But there are also three titles that started in 2020 and that we have already presented to you with the best news of 2020 Monster # 8, Oshi no Ko, and Sousou no Frieren. Finally, there's an expert like Jun Mayuzuki (former writer of After the Rain) experimenting with his Kowloon Generic Romance.
Last year the award was won by Blue period.