Written on the official site for the anime adaptation of the novels by Satoshi Wagahara and illustrated by 029, Hataraku Maou-sama! (The devil is a part-timer!) the second promotional video of the project was released. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for July 14 in Japan, while the platform DisneyPlus will only distribute it in this country, although no information has been given about worldwide distribution.
The video also previews the theme song to open this second season, entitled "WITH“ and performed by Minami Kuribayashi. On the other hand, Marina Horuchi will be the final theme entitled "Suikyou no Sekai“.
The press release revealed new members of the voice cast, including (Romanizations are pending):
- asuka nishi as Rika Suzuki.
- yumi uchiyama as Mayumi Kizaki.
- Azumi Asakura like emerald.
- Yuichi Iguchi as March Sarue / Archangel Sariel.
- Kikuko Inoue as a lyre
- Takehito Koyasu like gabriel.
- Yuuko Kaida like Daikokuten.
- Kenichi Ogata like camo.
Wagahara and 029 published the original light novels via the imprint Dengeki Bunko from the publisher Kadokawa between February 2011 and August 2020 with a total of twenty-one volumes. A manga adaptation of Hiiragi Akio published since February 2012. Eventually, the work inspired a thirteen-episode studio-produced anime adaptation WHITE FOX Led by Naoto Hosodaand published in April 2013.
- daisuke tsukushi (Isekai Cheat Magician, Girl Friend Note) is responsible for directing the series at the studios Studio 3Hz. Replaced Tsukushi Naoto Hosoda who was responsible for directing the first season.
- Yokotani Masahiro (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai, Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Yuudai Iino He is responsible for character design. Iino replaced Atsushi Ikariya who worked on the first season.
- Ryosuke Nakanishi (High School DxD, Kuroko no Basket, Monogatari Series: Second Season) is responsible for composing the soundtrack.
Summary for Hataraku Maou-sama!
The demon lord Satan attempts to conquer the world of Ente Isla by annexing its four continents with the help of his generals Alciel, Lucifer, Malacoda and Adramelech. After confronting the heroine Emilia and her companions and seeing their generals Malacoda and Adramelech dead, Satan and Alciel escaped the world through a portal to the city of Tokyo, Japan. However, due to the lack of magic in the new world, both Satan and Alciel change form into humans. To survive, Satan takes a part-time job at the MgRonald fast food restaurant while Alciel takes care of the housework. One day, Satan (now known as Sadao Maou) meets Emi Yusa, who turns out to be the heroine Emilia.
Font: Weird Natalie
(c) 2021 和ヶ原聡司/KADOKAWA/MAOUSAMA project