The Freelance Animator Kouki Fujimoto (藤本航己) announced via his Twitter account that he was in charge of producing the ending sequence of the second season of the anime Komi-san wa, Komyushou Desu (Komi cannot communicate). This sequence features a fairly fluid art style and animation, and the animator showed off some of the footage from the production process.
«I directed the second ending of the anime Komi-san wa, Komyushou Desu. I'm glad we managed to finish the production. I hope that the final product is of your interest. I would like to thank all employees who participated in the project», he wrote in his first publication, also accompanied by an illustration of the protagonist, Schuko Komiin your personal style.
The first images correspond to the spring section in the sequence.
The rest corresponds to the winter section in the sequence.
The sequence has attracted some positive comments, such as the following:
- «Such a nice ending. I watched it many times just to see all the character animations. It was definitely revived with rotoscopy, but that makes it even better as I love that technique. It looks like a real class with a group of individuals. the song is great too».
- «I love this ending in every way. The first part shows details of the first season while the second part jumps to the current season and we can see that some of their relationships have changed since then. An absolute masterpiece ».
- «This has to be the most underrated end of the season. This brings back so much high school nostalgia».
- «Total cool! Just from a camera angle that was able to capture all of the characters and reminded us of how we spend time with our friends in class before heading home».
- «Such a cute, nostalgic, and happy ending theme that goes perfectly with Komi-san wa, Komyushou Desu. I like how each character has a specific animation and they do something as an individual, every second of that final animation has something to do. The beats are really catchy and good. Both Spy x Family and Komi-san wa, Komyushou Desu have very good ending themes, hopefully we'll have a third one too».
Summary for Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu
It's Shouko Komi's first day at the prestigious Itan Private High School and she's already become the school's Madonna. With her long black hair and tall, elegant appearance, she draws the attention of everyone who crosses her path. However, there is a problem: despite her popularity, Shouko is bad at communicating with others. Hitohito Tadano is a typical high school boy. With his motto in life, "Recognize the situation and avoid trouble," he quickly realizes that sitting next to Shouko has made him the enemy of everyone in his class.
One day, an accident causes Hitohito to pass out and he wakes up to Shouko's meow. He lies and says he didn't hear anything, which causes Shouko to run away. But before she can escape, Hitohito suspects that Shouko can't easily talk to others; In fact, he was never able to find a single friend. Hitohito decides to help Shouko in her goal of making a hundred friends so she can overcome her communication disorder.
Source: Official Twitter account