With a live-action film slated to premiere on December 12th and a second season of the animated adaptation slated for January 7th, 2021, the following months will be full of emotion for fans of the manga written by were Kaiu Shirai and illustrated by Posuka Demizu, Yakusoku no never land.
The creators recently took part in an interview related to the release of a picture book in which they go into detail about the future of the animated franchise in relation to other projects, and suggest that there might be more developments in the future if this is what it is about Story of Emma, Ray and Norman.
- Kaiu Shirai:: When and how it will be remains to be decided, but I want to correctly return to the points in the story that readers have interpreted as loose ends. I am aware that some of them were not resolved or clear, so I want you to be calm.
- Posuka Demizu: There are a few other things too, like the anime's second season and the live-action movie.
- Kaiu Shirai: Aside from that, there could be a few more things. Please wait for them! (laughs)
- Posuka Demizu: If so, then I want to say I hope to be in good health to see you.
- Kaiu Shirai: That is also true. Health is important!
On the other hand, Shirai and Demizu started to publish the manga in the magazine Weekly shonen jump from the publisher Shueisha in August 2016 and finalized in June 2020. The publisher published the nineteenth compilation volume on July 19, followed by the twentieth and final on October 2.
The piece inspired an anime adaptation that was released in January 2019. A live-action film with minor changes to the plot will be released on December 18th. A second season of the anime has been confirmed to premiere in October 2020, but due to the current health situation in Japan, it will now be released in January 2021.
Synopsis of Yakusoku no Neverland
Life at Grace Field House couldn't be better for the orphans. Together with the other children and a friendly “mother” who takes care of them, they make a big, happy family. No child is ever overlooked, especially since they are all adopted by the age of 12. Their daily life involves rigorous tests, but after that they are allowed to play outside.
There is only one rule that you must follow: do not leave the orphanage. But one day two high-profile orphans, Emma and Norman, venture through the door and discover the terrible reality behind their entire existence: They are all cattle, and their orphanage is a farm that grows food for a mysterious race of demons. . With little time to complete an escape plan, the children must somehow change their fortunes.
© 出水 ぽ す か (著), 白 井 カ 原著 (原著) / SHUEISHA 集 英 社