In the latest issue of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, it was revealed that the manga series was written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge, Kimetsu no yaibareached 150 million copies in circulation, accumulated in 23 published volumes. This number also includes the digital formats of the manga.
How has the sales development of the Kimetsu no Yaiba manga been since the premiere of his anime adaptation?
- 3.5 million copies sold in April 2019 (when the anime premiered)
- From volume 17, 12 million copies were sold in October 2019
- 25 million copies from volume 18 sold in December 2019
- From volume 19, 40 million copies were sold in February 2020
- From the 20th volume in May 2020, 60 million copies were sold
- From volume 21, 80 million copies were sold in July 2020
- 100 million copies from volume 22 onwards sold in October 2020
- As of December 23, 120 million copies were sold in December 2020
The eighth, first and seventh volumes sold 66,000, 69,000 and 107,000 copies, respectively, in the week from December 28, 2020 to January 3, 2021. The seventh volume contains the arc adapted into the film Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha henwhich explains the increase in sales.
For his part, Koyoharu Gotouge began to publish the manga in the magazine Weekly shonen jump from the publisher Shueisha in February 2016 and finalized in May 2020. The publisher published the twenty-second compilation volume on October 2 and the twenty-third and final volume on December 4.
Synopsis of Kimetsu no Yaiba
In the Taisho era in Japan, Tanjirou Kamado is a kind and intelligent boy who lives in the mountains with his family. Tanjirou became head of his family after the death of his father and makes constant trips to the village at the foot of the mountain to sell firewood and charcoal.
However, his life changes when one day when he returns home after a night out, he discovers that his family has been killed by a demon. Tanjirou and her sister Nezuko are the only survivors now, but she has been turned into a demon, though surprisingly she still shows emotion and appears to have a sense of reason. After meeting Giyuu Tomioka, a demon hunter; Tanjirou He decides to become a demon hunter in order to hunt down his family's killer and find a way to get Nezuko back to normal.
© 吾 峠 呼 世 著 (著) / SHUEISHA 集 英 社