A leak revealed a new promotional image for the anime adaptation of the Yuri genre novels by Iori Miyazawa, Urasekai picnic. The image is expected to be officially released soon, along with two new character designs and voice cast members.
The premiere of the series is planned for January 2021 and will be confirmed with a total of thirteen episodes. On the other hand, the publisher Hayakawa Publishing published the first volume of this series in February 2017 with illustrations by Shirakabaand the fourth volume was released in December 2019.
Eita Mizuno has published a manga adaptation of the work in the magazine since February 2018 Shonen Gangan from the publisher Square enix. The publisher published the third compiled volume in August 2019.
- Yumiri Hanamori as Sorao Kamikoshi.
- Ai Kayano as Toriko Nishina.
- Takuya Satou is responsible for directing the anime in the studios EYE FILMS Y. Felix filmand is also responsible for writing the scripts.
- Ayumi Nishibata ((Kuromukuro) is responsible for the character design and the direction of animation.
- Kazutaka Ema is responsible for the creature design and Masahiro go is the publisher.
- Takeshi Watanabe ((To Love-Ru, Ro-kyu-bu!) is responsible for composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis of the Urasekai picnic
The original novel is set in the modern world, but there are doors that can lead people to the “other side” where strange urban legends and internet myths turn out to be real. University student Sorawo Kamikoshi discovers one of these doors and almost dies on the other side until she is rescued by another girl named Toriko Nishina.
Toriko has a mysterious charisma, but is familiar with weapons and seems to be looking for someone on the other side. Together the girls will explore each of the doors in the world.
© 宮 澤伊 織 ・ 早川 DS / DS 研