The jury of the latest edition of Tokyo Anime Film Festival announced the main category winners including "Best Anime Movie," "Best Anime Series," and more. Violet Evergardens film won first prize as well Get your hands off Eizouken!, voted best anime series.
The jury selected the winners by analyzing a list of one hundred nominations, eighty anime series, and twenty feature films, all of which were distributed from October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2020. Demon Slayer: Infinity Train was not eligible, but three performers were awarded. Below are all prices, including some.
- Best Anime Movie: Violet Evergarden: The Movie
- Best Anime Series: Get your hands off Eizouken!
- Best script: Reiko Yoshida (Violet Evergarden: The Movie, Liz and the Blue Bird, Ride Your Wave);
- Best Director: Haruo Sotozaki (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Tales of Zestiria the X)
- Best animation supervisor: Akira Matsushima (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Tales of Zestiria the X)
- Best aesthetics: Mikiko Watanabe (Violet Evergarden: The Movie, Beyond Limits, Sound! Euphonium, Liz and the Blue Bird)
- Best composer: Yuki Kajiura (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Fate / Stay Night: Feeling Heaven, Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld)
Last year, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba won the Best Anime Series category, while Makoto Shinkai's Weathring With You won the commercial for Best Feature Film.