On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga, written and illustrated by Kotoyama, Yofukashi no Uta (call of the night) a new promotional video for the project was unveiled. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for July 7th in Japan and reveals a fragment of the opening theme performed by the band. Creepy Nuts and titled "date“.
The press release also revealed new speakers, including:
- Kensho Ono as Seki Mahiru.
- Hiroyuki Yoshino like Akihito Akiyama.
- Youko Hikasa as Kiyomisu Shirakawa.
For his part, Kotoyama, who is also the author of the Dagashi KashiShe started publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan in August 2019. The publisher published the ninth anthology in November 2021, followed by the tenth on February 18 in Japan.
- General Satou like Kou Yamori.
- Sora Amiya as Nazuna Nanakusa.
- Yumiri Hanamori as Akira Asai.
- Haruka Tomatsu as Seri Kikiyou.
- Erikitamura as Nico Hirata.
- Shizuka Itu like Kabura Honda.
- Naomi Ozora as Midori Kohakobe.
- Azumi Waki as Hatsuka Suzushiro.
- Tomoyuki Itamura (Hanamonogatari, Mahou Sensei Negima!: Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba, Vanitas without a card) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios LIDEN FILMSWith Tatsuya Miyanishi responsible for the management.
- Michiko Yokote (Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrals, Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Haruka Sagawa (Dounika Naru Hibi, Genji Fantasy: Neko ga Hikaru Genji ni Koi wo Shita, Itazura Majo to Nemuranai Machi) is responsible for character design.
- Creepy Nuts is responsible for composing the main musical theme.
Synopsis for Yofukashi no Uta
Kou Yamori superficially looks like a typical high school student. Relatively well educated and friendly to his classmates, he goes to great lengths to maintain that facade. However, one day he decides to stop pretending, drops out of school, and develops insomnia from not having an outlet for his energy during the day. Walking alone at night makes him feel a little better, although he is aware that his insomnia should be treated as a serious problem.
On one of these walks, Kou meets a strange girl, Nazuna Nanakusa, who diagnoses him with the cause of his insomnia: although he has made changes in his life, she keeps preventing him from experiencing true freedom. She tells him that if he's not happy with how he spends his waking hours, he can't sleep. When he seems to have resolved his current concerns, Nazuna invites him to her apartment to share her futon. After a while, unaware that he is only pretending to be unconscious, she bends over and bites his neck.
Font: Weird Natalie