On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga, written and illustrated by Onigusou, mononogatari (Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari) the first promotional video of the project was released. The press release confirmed production details but did not reveal a planned release date.
Onigunsou began publishing the manga in the magazine in May 2014 miraculous leap. Later, in 2016, the series was ported to the monthly magazine ultra jump. The editorial office shueisha released the thirteenth volume on November 19 and will release the fourteenth in Japan on May 18.
- Takeo Otsuka as Hyoma Kunato.
- Yuki Takada as Botan Nagatsuki.
- Ryuichi Kimura (Otonari ni Ginga, Aikatsu Planet!, Kemono Friends 2) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios Images by Bandai Namcosupported by Takahiro Okawa.
- Keiichirou Oochi (Gotoubun no Hanayome, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan, Kanojo mo Kanojo) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Shiori Fujisawa (Aikatsu on parade!) is in charge of character design while Yuka Shiga (Cestvs: The Roman fighter) handles character subdesign.
- John Kanda Y XELIK They are responsible for composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Mononogatari
When spirits cross over into the human world, they can possess ancient objects and take on a physical form: a tsukumogami. Tsukumogami can be gentle, violent, or something in between, so the Saenome clan peacefully helps bring them back to the spirit world to prevent their destruction.
Hyouma Kunato is a member of the clan, but he is... far from peaceful, having harbored a grudge when a tsukumogami stole something important from him. Fearing that Hyouma's brazen anger at dealing with these spirits could lead to supernatural disasters, Hyouma's grandfather sends him to Kyoto to live with Nagatsuki Botan, an unusual young woman who actually lives with the Tsukumogami as if they were family. Can Hyouma learn to control his emotions when dealing with the Tsukumogami, or will his own mind be doomed to be possessed by anger forever?
Source: press release