Through a press release, the production of an anime adaptation of the web novels was written by Katarina, Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman bis su (Shangri-La Frontier: Crappy Game Hunter challenges God-Tier Game). It had previously been reported that the adaptation would be the manga adaptation Ryosuke Fujialthough in the end it's the same story.
The press release also confirmed the planned 2023 release in Japan and revealed the project's voice actors and production team.
For his part, Fuji began publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from Kodansha in July 2020. The manga is based on the novel series of the same name written by Katarinapublished through the website Shousetsuka ni Narou since May 2017. Katarina has also written another series of novels published in her own Weekly Shōnen Magazine.
- yuma uchida as Sunraku/Rakurou Hizutome.
- Azumi Waki as Saiga 0/Rei Saiga.
- Youko Hikasa as Arthur Pencilgon/Towa Amane.
- Makoto Koichi as Oicazzo/Kei Uomi.
- Rina Hidaka like emuls.
- Akio Ohtsuka like Viceash.
- Toshiyuki Kubooka (Harukana Receive, Wandering Witch - The Journey of Elaina) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios C2Csupported by Hiroki Ikeshita.
- Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Black Clover, Dropkick on My Devil!, Hetalia The Beautiful World, In the Land of Leadale, Record of Ragnarok) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Ayumi Kurashima (DEVILMAN Crybaby, Megalobox 2: Nomad) is responsible for character design and animation direction.
- Monaco is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Shangri-La Frontier Summary
Rakurou Hizutome, a high school sophomore, only cares about one thing: finding "crappy games" and beating them up. His gaming skills are second to none and no game is too bad for him. So when he's introduced to the new VR game Shangri-La Frontier, he's doing what he does best: maxing out and skipping the prologue to jump straight into the action. But will even a seasoned player like Rakurou be able to uncover all the secrets that Shangri-La Frontier is hiding?
Font: Weird Natalie