How many years have passed since the end Neon Genesis Evangelion? Quite a lot, not including the movie "Rebuild of Evangelion". In fact, the TV series originally aired in Japan between 1995 and 1996. The films Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion completed the entire cycle in the following years.
But even after many years certain questions from the Neon Genesis Evangelion that go unanswered in the anime which viewers can only speculate about. What are the 10 unanswered questions without the new feature films?
- Who Killed Kaji? After freeing Kozo Fuyutsuki from SOUL, someone kills Kaji. However, the man was hit twice, which made it clear that it was not a simple soldier trained to beat him, but a leader or a man of power who did not aim well. It could therefore be one of the characters we saw at the organization's numerous meetings.
- Gendo's last words to Ritsuko that were spoken without a vowel. Some fans have tried to play the animation lip but there is no official confirmation of what the man said.
- The meaning of Asuka's last words. At the end of The End of Evangelion, Shinji and Asuka are the only ones to witness the final devastation. The words of the girl closing the film are "How gross," which could refer to a variety of subjects.
- The Cloning of Rei: The girl was reproduced in the image and likeness of Yui, Shinji's mother and Gendo's wife. It is not clear how he managed to create all these dolls from Lilith's mind and why they retain some of the sensations of the other bodies.
- The choice of pilots and the connection with the Eva. In fact, few children can drive the giant robots, especially 14 year olds. It's not clear why only they can bond with them and what would happen if they grew up on the show.
- The fate of Toji Suzuhara, the fourth child. His appearance as a pilot was extremely brief and undoubtedly problematic, especially for Shinji. It was practically not shown after the battle.
- The sudden production of Eva. At the end of the Evangelion, NERV is attacked by the remaining Evangelions, but they are very different from the previous ones. It is likely, although not confirmed, that they were guided by the dummy plug system, but their construction turned out to be almost abrupt and contrary to some earlier statements throughout the series.
- Kaworu Nagisa and the relationship with Shinji. In short, Kaworu was the fifth child, but it also turned out to be the last angel. Prior to this reveal, however, he had established a relationship with Shinji, with a few sentences that might make you think of something more than a simple friendship with the new boy.
- The Dead Sea Manuscripts. These are really preserved and are probably among the oldest texts with the Hebrew Bible and some studies about it. However, in the Neon Genesis Evangelion series, they are mentioned without specifics and some references remain obscure.
- The angels, Lilith, Adam and their true essence. These creatures remain unknown and enigmatic in many ways. It was never explained how Lilith was captured or how some of these creatures behaved.
Have you seen Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix with the new dubbing? In the meantime, new theories have surfaced on the net with regard to the arrival of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0.