It has been reported that the first Blu-ray / DVD compilation volume of the original anime by Jun Maeda and the studies PA works, Kamisama ni Natta Hi ((The day I became a god) sold 1,504 copies in the first week since launch.
This volume was released in Japan on December 23rd and contains the first and second episodes of this original anime, plus a drama CD and an illustration booklet. The Blu-ray version costs 7,700 yen (about $ 74) while the DVD version costs 6,600 yen (about $ 64). Apparently the number covers sales of both versions, or DVD sales were so small that they were left out.
Ultimately, the original series premiered in Japan on October 10 and had a total of twelve episodes. The distribution rights were in the hands of the platform Funimation.
- Jun Maeda The original idea was credited and he was also responsible for writing and overseeing the scripts.
- Yoshiyuki Asai ((Charlotte, Fate / Apocrypha) was responsible for directing the anime in the studios PA works.
- Na-Ga returned from many other projects by Fine arts / keys to do the character designs with Manabu Nii responsible for adapting to the animation.
- MANY O and Jun Maeda were responsible for composing the soundtrack, with Satoki iida responsible for the direction of sound.
- Singer Nagi Yanagi played the opening song titled "Kimi to Iu Shinwa" and the closing song titled "Goodbye Seven Seas". Both songs were written by Jun Maeda and composed of MANY O.
Summary of Kamisama ni Natta Hi
One day during Youta Narukami's final summer vacation in high school, a girl named Hina appeared before him and declared herself the "Goddess of Knowledge". Hina announced to the confused Youta that the world would end in just 30 days.
Youta then witnesses Hina's power to foresee the future and becomes convinced that what this girl is saying is real. For her part, with her great innocence, Hina decides to live in Youta's house for some reason, perhaps just hoping to keep her company going in the face of the impending end of humanity.
© VISUAL ARTS / Key / / 神 様 に な な っ た 」Project