Kodansha revealed, a few minutes ago, all the winners of the Kodansha Manga Awards 2020, the 44th edition of the prestigious awards assigned by the publishing house to the best works of the past year. The first winners received a certificate, a bronze statuette and a check for one million yen (about 8500 euros). Below you can read the names of candidates and winners.
Best shonen manga
- Spy x Family by Testsuya Endo
- Slime life by Taiki Kawakami
- Tokyo Revengers by Ken Wakui
- Smile Down the Runway by Kotoba Inoya
Best shojo manga
- Kageki Shojo !! (Theater Girls !!) by Kumiko Saiki
- Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight by Rin Mikimoto
- A Condition Called Love by Megumi Morino
- Our Precious Conversations by Robico
Best general manga
- Skip to Loafer by Misaki Takamats
- Witch Hat Atelier by Kamome Shirahama
- Blue Period by Tsubasa Yamaguchi
- Mystery to Iu Nakare (Do not say mystery) by Yumi Tamura
Tokyo Revenger, the story of revenge starring Takemichi Hanagaki, won in the "Best shonen" category, beating heavyweights such as Spy x Family and Vita da Slime. In the shojo category, instead, Our Precious Conversation triumphs, Robico's brilliant romantic comedy, despite the competition from the great favorite Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight.
Blue Period instead triumphs in the general category, replicating the success obtained a few months ago at the Manga Taisho Awards 2020. We remind you that the series is distributed in Italy by J-Pop Manga.