The Japanese portal Oricon revealed the weekly sales ranking of the manga franchises for the period October 19-25 this year. The manga written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge, Kimetsu no yaibareturned to dominate the list by more than 783% difference from second place resulting from the advertising boom created by the feature film's premiere Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha henon October 16th.
- Kimetsu no yaiba, written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge - 3,688,476 copies sold.
- Jujutsu Kaisen, written and illustrated by Gege Akutami - 417,599 copies sold.
- Yakusoku no never land, written by Kaiu Shirai and illustrated by Posuka Demizu - 134,388 copies sold.
- Haikyuu !!, written and illustrated by Haruichi Furudate - 84,660 copies sold.
- kingdom, written and illustrated by Yasuhisa Hara - 73,551 copies sold.
- Shingeki no Kyojin, written and illustrated by Hajime isayama - 66,413 copies sold.
- Kusuriya no Hitorigoto: Maomao no Koukyuu Nazotoki Techou, written by Natsu Hyuuga and illustrated by Minoji Kurata - 65,188 copies sold.
- JoJo's bizarre adventure part 8: Jojolion, written and illustrated by Hirohiko araki - 57,530 copies sold.
- Shokugyou Arifureta by Sekai Saikyou, written by Ryou Shirakome and illustrated by Ask - 56,160 copies sold.
- Blue lock, written by Muneyuki Kaneshiro and illustrated by Yusuke nomura - 51,291 copies sold.
For his part, Koyoharu Gotouge began publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly shonen jump from the publisher Shueisha in February 2016 and finalized in May 2020. The publisher released the twenty-first compilation volume on July 3 in Japan and the twenty-second on October 2.
Synopsis of Kimetsu no Yaiba
In the Taisho era in Japan, Tanjiro Kamado is a kind and intelligent boy who lives in the mountains with his family. Tanjiro has become the head of his family after the death of his father and makes constant trips to the village at the foot of the mountain to sell firewood and charcoal.
However, his life changes when he returns home one day after a night out and finds that his family has been killed by a demon. Tanjiro and her sister Nezuko are the only survivors, but she has been turned into a demon, although surprisingly, she still shows emotion and appears to have a sense of reason. After meeting Giyuu Tomioka, a demon hunter; Tanjiro decides to become a demon hunter in order to hunt down his family's killer and find a way to get Nezuko back to normal.
© 吾 峠 呼 世 著 (著) / SHUEISHA 集 英 社