In 2016, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba made his debut on Weekly Shonen Jump, a manga by newcomer Koyoharu Gotouge who had previously only published a few simple oneshots and is now collected in the band Koyoharu Gotouge Short Stories. Nobody expected a Success enough to overcome even holy monsters like Naruto, ONE PIECE or Slam Dunk.
But that's exactly what happened. Demon Slayer's manga: Kimetsu no Yaiba began dragging sales after the anime closed, after sales strangled Japan in its grip and hit the Oricon charts for over a year and a half. But How much has Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba sold so far?? Let's find out the story of the terrifying sales growth.
- Shueisha announced in May 2017 that i The first 6 volumes of Demon Slayer had reached one million copiesfirst important milestone;
- Seven months later, in December 2017, the ninth volume reached the milestone of 2 million copies;
- The growth continues, but no further information will be given until Volume 15, which will be released along with the anime's debut. Here the Demon Slayer Manga had reached 3.5 million copies;
- By October 2019, when the anime was almost over, Demon Slayer with Volume 17 had hit 12 million copies;
- In December 2019, the number doubled Reached 25 million with 18 volumes;;
- Reports are becoming more common. In February 2020, 40 million copies were published for Demon Slayer with 19 volumes.
- The 20th volume in May 2020 will reach 60 million copies.
- With volume 21, it will grow to 80 million copies in July 2020.
- Exceeds the milestone of 100 million copies with the 22nd volume in October 2020;
- The penultimate dates are those of December 2020 with Demon Slayer with a total circulation of 120 million copies and 23 volumes.
- In February 2021, Demon Slayer reached 150 million printed copies.
Of course, its growth has by no means stopped. In the first weeks of 2021, the various volumes won several million copies and It wouldn't be surprising if 180 million copies were reached by the end of the year, also as the TV debut of Demon Slayer 2.