On the official site for the original anime of Wit Studio, Great Pretender, it was announced that the series will be adapted to manga by Daichi Marui.
The manga will be published on the website Mag Comi from the publisher Mag garden starting next June 10. The first compilation volume will be published on July 10.
For its part, the series will premiere in advance and exclusively in Netflix in Japan on June 2. Netflix also confirmed that it will premiere the series worldwide, but that the Japanese premiere will take place in advance. Moreover, the series will premiere on Japanese television on July 8 through the programming block. + Ultra of the Chanel Fuji TV. The series will have a total of 23 episodes.
Cast of voices
- Chiaki Kobayashi like Masato Edamura.
- Junichi Suwabe like Laurent Thierry.
- Natsumi Fujiwara like Abigail Jones.
- Mie Sonozaki like Paula Dickins.
- Hiro Kaburagi is in charge of directing the anime in Wit Studio.
- Ryota Kosawa is in charge of series composition.
- Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is in charge of character design, with the assistance of Hirotaka Sato.
- Yutaka Yamada is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack while Hata Shoji is in charge of sound direction.
Synopsis of Great Pretender
Makoto Edamura is supposedly the best scammer in Japan. Together with their partner Kudo, they try to swindle a Frenchman who was in Asakusa, but inexplicably they are the ones who are deceived.
The Frenchman, whom they tried to swindle, turns out to be Laurent Thierry, a dangerous man from the crime syndicate that controls the mafias. Edamura has not yet discovered that his daring has opened the door to a new stage in his life!
© ️ WIT STUDIO / Great Pretenders