The anime adaptation of the manga was reportedly written and illustrated by Kei Toume, Yesterday wo Utatte (also know as Sing Yesterday for Me), will carry out a special broadcast with comments from the production team through the platform AbemaTV next June 13 at 9:00 p.m. (Japan Standard Time).
The delivery of comments will be divided into three parts, which will be led by different members of the production team or the cast of voices:
- The first part will be commented by Chikahiro Kobayashi (who plays Rikuo Uozumi), Yume Miyamoto (who plays Haru Nonaka) and by Yoshiyuki Fujiwara, the director of the series.
- The second part will have the participation of Yume Miyamoto (who plays Haru Nonaka), Kana Hanazawa (who plays Shinako Morinome) and Maaya Sakamoto (who plays Kyouko Sayama).
- The third part will be commented by Chikahiro Kobayashi (who plays Rikuo Uozumi), Yoshiyuki Fujiwara (the series director) and Jin Tanaka(the screenwriter).
Additionally, it was announced that the four previously released CD Dramas will be released through the platform. SPINEAR Between June 17 and 20, each of these CDs features a story based on one of the characters.
The series premiered on April 4 and will have a total of twelve episodes plus six episodes that will only be available via streaming. For his part, Toume began publishing the manga in the magazine Business Jump in 1997, and later moved the publication to the magazine Grand Jump in November 2011. The work ended in June 2015 and the publisher Shueisha compiled the story into eleven volumes.
Cast of voices
- Chikahiro Kobayashi like Rikuo Uozumi.
- Yume Miyamoto like Haru Nonaka.
- Kana Hanazawa like Shinako Morinome.
- Natsuki Hanae like Rō Hayakawa.
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki like Kinoshita.
- Maaya Sakamoto like Kyouko Sayama.
- Takuma Terashima like Takanori Fukuda.
- Aya Suzaki like Kozue Fukuda.
- Kaori Nazuka like Morita.
- Shun Horie like Katsumi Takishita.
- Yuuki Ono like Minato.
- Eri kitamura like Chika Huzuhara.
- Ryouko Maekawa like Kansuke.
- Yoshiyuki Fujiwara (GJ-bu, New Game!, Plastic Memories) is in charge of directing the anime in the studios Doga Kobo.
- Jin Tanaka (Yurucamp, Kirakira Precure a la Mode, Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine) is writing the scripts.
- Junichiro Taniguchi (Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Tada-kun wa Koi or Shinai) is in charge of character design.
- Masanori Tsuchiya (New Game!, Tada-kun wa Koi or Shinai) is the sound director. DMM.futureworks is producing the project.
Synopsis for Yesterday wo Utatte
After college, Rikuo Uozumi, a boy with little ambition in life, takes a job at a convenience store. The days pass smoothly for Rikuo until he meets his ex-girlfriend and classmate again, the especially unusual Haru Nonaka, and his pet raven ...
Source: Natalie Comic
© 冬 目 景 ／ 集 英 社 ・ イ エ ス タ デ イ を う た っ て 製作 委員会