Written and illustrated after the airing of the final episode of the second season of the anime adaptation of the manga by Ken Wakui, Tokyo Revengersthe production of a third season of the project was announced. The press release confirmed that this third season will be titled "Tokyo Revengers: Tenjiku Hen (Tenjiku Arc)" and announces new additions to the voice cast, including:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Izana Kurokawa.
- Tetsu Inada as Kanji Mochizuki.
Ken Wakui started publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Magazine from the publisher kodansha between March 2017 and November 2022 with a total of thirty-one compiled volumes. A 24-episode anime adaptation premiered in the season of Spring 2021 (April-June)followed by a thirteen-episode second season premiering Winter-2023 (January-March).
- Kouichi Hatsumi (Darling in the FranXX, Deadman Wonderland, Guilty Crown) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios LIDEN FILMS.
- yasuyuki mutu (Deadman Wonderland, Afro Samurai, Sengoku Basara) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- kenichi oonuki (Golden Kamuy) And Keiko Oota (Psycho Pass) are responsible for character design and animation direction.
- Hiroaki Tsutsumi (Jujutsu Kaisen, Dr. STONE, Ao Haru Ride) composes the soundtrack.
Tokyo Revenger's synopsis
Takemichi Hanagaki's sophomore year of high school was the pinnacle of his life. He had respect, a band of friends to rely on, and even a girlfriend. But that was twelve years ago. Today she is a nobody: a rickety nothing who is mocked by children and has to apologize again and again to her younger boss. Sudden news of the gruesome murder of the only girlfriend he's ever had with his brother by the Tokyo Manji gang only adds to the insult. Half a second before a move ends his miserable life forever, Takemichi recalls that same day twelve years ago when he was still dating Hinata Tachibana.
After being forced to relive the day he began his downward spiral, Takemichi encounters Hinata's little brother. Without thinking, he admits his apparent death before returning to the past. Takemichi urges him to protect his sister before inexplicably returning to the future. Miraculously, he's not dead. Stranger still, the future has changed. It seems that Takemichi can change the passage of time. Given the chance to prevent his ex-girlfriend's tragic death at the hands of Tokyo's Manji Gang, Takemichi decides to fly through time to change the course of the future.
Spring: Weird Natalie