Written on the official site for the anime adaptation of the light novels by Yuumikan and illustrated by koin, BOFURI: I don't want to get hurt, so I'll maximize my defenseIt was announced that the second season will be on hold due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on production.
According to statement The seventh episode, which was scheduled for February 22nd, will be delayed in Japan by two weeks until March 8th. After this episode, the eighth, ninth, and tenth episodes air every week, but the eleventh and twelfth episodes are still pending. In summary, the broadcast schedule for this second season is as follows:
- February 15: episode 6
- February 22: Suspension (episode 1 re-aired).
- 1st March: Suspension (episode 2 re-aired).
- 8th of March: episode 7
- March, 15: episode 8
- March 22: episode 9
- March 29: episode 10
- April 5 (hereinafter): Confirm.
This second season has been airing in Japan since January 11, while the Crunchyroll platform is in charge of distribution in the west. For his part Yuumikan began publishing the novels on the site Shoutsuka ni Narou in 2016 and later started publishing them through the publisher Fujimi Shōbo in September 2017. The first season of the anime adaptation aired during the season of Winter 2020 (January-March).
- shin (Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!) is responsible for directing this second season of BOFURI in study SILVER LINK.
- Fumihiko Shimo (Anima Yell!, New Game!) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Kazuya Hirata (Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya, Sunohara-Sou no Kanrinin-san) is responsible for character design and animation direction in collaboration with Hiroyuki Honda.
- Taro Masuda is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Synopsis for BOFURI: I don't want to get hurt, so I'll maximize my defense
After an enthusiastic invitation from her friend, Kaede Honjou reluctantly agrees to try New World Online, a very popular VRMMO played by thousands of people in Japan. She names her character after Maple and embarks on her journey. A newcomer to such games, she allocates all of her stat points to vitality and wishes that she felt no pain in her experience. Without a single point on any other stat, Maple boasts an impenetrable defense but is unable to move fast or hit hard.
This doesn't end badly for her, however, as Maple gains powerful abilities like Total Defense, Poison Immunity, and Devour. These abilities, along with the incredibly powerful gear she's been given, allow her to take down most enemies with a single hit, allowing Maple to claim third place in an event held across the server after a few days of play takes place, and earns a reputation as an immortal and absurdly broken player.
Spring: official page
(c) 2020 夕蜜柑・狐印／KADOKAWA／防振り製作委員会