On the official site for the new animated manga adaptation, written and illustrated by Natsuki Takaya, Fruit basketA special video has been posted that records the events of previous seasons and gives a small preview of the last season with the title Fruit basket the finale. The advance begins in minute 5:52 of the video.
This last season is scheduled to premiere in Japan next April, while the platform Funimation will take care of international sales. The first season of 25 episodes premiered in Japan in April 2019, followed by a second season of 25 episodes in April 2020. This new manga adaptation Fruit basket has a completely new cast and crew, just as you requested Takaya. In contrast to the 2001 adaptation, this time all events of the manga are dealt with.
- Yuuma uchida as Kyou Souma.
- Manaka Iwami like Tooru Honda.
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Yuki Souma.
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Shigure Souma.
- Makoto Furukawa as Hatsuharu Souma.
- Megumi Han as Momiji Souma.
- Takahario Sakurai as Ayame Souma.
- Kazuyuki Fudeyasu as Hatori Souma.
- Satomi sat as Saki Hanajima.
- Queen Ueda like Kisa Souma.
- Natsuki Takaya serves as executive supervisor while Yoshihide Ibata ((Pikaia !!, FLCL Progressive) directs the anime in the studios TMS Entertainment.
- Taku Kishimoto ((Gin no Saji, Haikyu !!, 91 days, Hanebado!) is responsible for the composition of the series.
- Masaru Shindou ((Macross Δ, Oregairu) is responsible for the character design.
Fruit basket synopsis
Tohru Honda has always been fascinated by the story of the Chinese zodiac that her loving mother told her as a child. However, a sudden family tragedy changes her life and the circumstances that follow leave her alone. Tooru is now forced to live in a tent, but little realizes that her temporary home is on the private estate of the Souma family. When he bumps into his house one day, he meets Shigure, Souma's older cousin, and Yuki, the "prince" of their school. Tohru explains that she lives nearby, but the Soumas finally discover their well-kept secret of being homeless when they see them go back to their tent one night.
Things are starting to improve for Tohru as they kindly offer to take her in after learning of her situation. But soon afterwards she gets into a fight between Yuki and her quick-tempered cousin Kyou. While trying to stop them, he learns that the Souma family has a well-kept secret: every time they are hugged by a member of the opposite sex, they transform into animals of the Chinese zodiac. With this new revelation, Tohru will discover that living with the Soumas is an unexpected adventure full of laughter and romance.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 委員会 屋 奈 月 ・ 白泉 社 ／ フ ル ル ツ ツ バ ケ ッ ト ト 製作 委員会