Written on the official site for the anime adaptation of the light novels by Kyousuke Kamishiro and illustrated by Takayaki, Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano Datta (My stepsister is my ex girlfriend) a new promotional video for the project was unveiled. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for next July in Japan and shows a fragment of the opening theme titled "Deneb and Spica (デネブとスピカ)", interpreted by DIALOG+.
Kamishiro and Takayaki started publishing the light novels via the imprint Bunko sneaker from the publisher Kadokawa in December 2018. The publisher released the seventh volume of the novels on July 30 in Japan. The work inspired a manga adaptation by Rei Kusakabewhich is published in the magazine Dr-Dr Scharf of Niconico since May 2019.
- Rina Hidaka as Yume Irido.
- Hiro Shimono like Mizuto Irido.
- Ikumi Hasegawa as Minami Akatsuki.
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Kogure Kawanami.
- Miyu Tomita as Isana Touzu.
- Shinsuke Yanagi (Toradora!, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios Project #9.
- Deco Akao (Noragami, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Katsuyuki Sato is responsible for character design and animation direction.
- Hiromi Mizutani (Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge, Non Non Biyori, Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism) is responsible for composing the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano Datta
A certain boy and girl, both in high school, became a couple, flirted with each other, argued over trifles, were frequently irritated with each other, and finally broke up upon graduation. And the two, Mizuto Irido and Yume Ayai, met again in the most unexpected way. It turns out his parents, both divorced, met, fell in love and married, making them now step-siblings. The ex-partner, aware of their parents' feelings, establishes a "sibling rule" in which whoever catches the eye of the other loses. But with so many contacts living together, can they really ignore each other?
Source: Weird Natalie
© 紙城境介 (著), たかやKi (イラスト) / KADOKAWA