On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga, written and illustrated by Akihito Tsukushi, Crafted in the Abyssreleased the third promotional video for the second season of the project, which will be titled Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou (Made in Abyss: The golden city of the scorching sun). The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for July 6th in Japan, while there will be a preview of the first two episodes at EJ Anime Theater Shinjuku in Tokyo on July 3rd.
The platforms HIDE from Sentai Film Works will be responsible for the distribution of this second season in the west, as has already been done with the rest of the franchise Crafted in the Abyss.
Tsukushi began publishing the manga through the magazine Web Comic Gamma from the publisher Takeshobo in October 2012. The play inspired a thirteen episode anime adaptation produced by Studios cinema citrusLed by Masayuki Kojima and scripts written by Hideyuki Kuratareleased in July 2017, followed by two compilation films and Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soulpublished in January 2020.
- Shiori Izawa like Nanachi.
- Maria Ise as reg. no.
- Miyu Tomita like Rico.
- misaki kuno like faputa.
- Yuka Terasaki like Vueko.
- Hiroaki Hirata like Wazukyan.
- Mitsuki Saiga like belf.
- Masayuki Kojima (Black ball, monster) leads the project in the studios cinema citrus.
- Hideyuki Kurata (Goblin slayers, flamenco samurai, drifters) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Kazuchika Kise (blood-C, xxxHOLiC) is responsible for character design and animation direction.
- Kevin Penkin (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Made in Abyss, Made in Abyss) is responsible for composing the soundtrack.
- Rico Azuna will perform the opening song "Katachi" while MYTH&ROID will perform the closing theme entitled "Endless Embrace".
Synopsis for Made in Abyss
The Abyss... an open abyss that stretches deep into the earth, filled with mysterious creatures and relics of a bygone age. How did it come about? What's in the background? Countless brave individuals known as "Diggers" have attempted to solve the mysteries of the Abyss by fearlessly descending into the darkness. The bravest and finest of the Diggers, the White Whistles are hailed as legends by those who prefer to stay above ground.
Riko, the daughter of a missing White Whistle, aspires to be like her mother and explore the depths of the Abyss. However, since she is a Red Whistle, she is only allowed to explore the top layer. But an encounter with a mysterious robot with no memories will mark the beginning of the adventure into the abyss, unaware that the further down they descend, the harsher the reality of the Abyss will be.
Font: Weird Natalie