On the official site for the short series Kyoshin to Hyouka no Shiro, it was announced that the premiere of the first episode will be delayed indefinitely due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on production.
The premiere was scheduled for this month on YouTube and on terrestrial television, and the staff announced that they will reveal the new release date as soon as decided.
The objective of this production is the promotion of the city of Minami Shimabara. In fact, people from the city worked as voice actors, choirs and stage artists. It is the first anime that the television Nagasaki Culture Telecasting has produced since its founding in 1990.
Cast of voices
- Yuki Otani like Shirou.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka like Goron.
- Ayumu Murase like Tokiya.
- Minami Takahashi like Akane.
- Sae Okamoto (Mecha-Ude) is in charge of directing the anime in TriF Studio., as well as character design.
- TriF Studio's creative team is also in charge of the series scripts.
- Nurikabe (Mecha-Ude) is in charge of the Kyoshin, and is also in charge of designing the stages in conjunction with Sugar.
- Shouta Kawamura is in charge of CG animation and photography.
- The animators include Shouko Miyano Sugar, Sally, Yukie Nakamura and Ryou Matsumoto.
Synopsis of Kyoshin to Hyouka no Shiro
The story takes place in the city of Minami Shimabara, in Nagasaki prefecture, the origin of the Shimabara Rebels, who terrorized all of Japan in the early Edo period. It is also the place where junior high school student Shirou spends his days with his peers.
One summer day, Shirou's childhood friend Akane returns from Tokyo to Minami Shimabara. They both take a walk through the city with another friend, Tokiya. As the three share complex memories and feelings, a mysterious creature named Goron appears before them. This meeting will mark the beginning of a series of events that will involve the entire city ...
© 「巨 神 と 氷 華 の 城」 製作 委員会