Being already the 24th of May in Japan, on the official Twitter account for the anime Osomatsu-san, an illustration commemorating the birthday of the Matsuno brothers was published. The illustration is made up of hundreds of fan comments collected during a campaign.
The series premiered in October 2015, with a total of 50 episodes accumulated over two seasons, with the second released in October 2017. A manga adaptation by Masako Shitaro is published in the magazine You from the publisher Shueisha since January 2016. The publisher published the eighth compilation volume in February 2019.
The series is, in fact, a spiritual sequel to the manga of Fujio Akatsuka, Osomatsu-kun, which was published in different magazines between 1962 and 1969, compiling a total of 34 volumes. This manga inspired two anime adaptations released in February 1966 and February 1988, respectively.
Cast of voices
- Takahiro Sakurai like Osomatsu Matsuno.
- Yuichi Nakamura like Karamatsu Matsuno.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Choromatsu Matsuno
- Jun Fukuyama like Ichimatsu Matsuno.
- Daisuke Ono like Jyushimatsu Matsuno.
- Miyu Irino like Todomatsu Matsuno.
- Yoichi Fujita took over directing the anime at Studio Pierrot.
- Shuu Matsubara was in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Yukari Hashimoto was responsible for the composition of the soundtrack under the sound direction of Hiromi kikuta.
- Naoyuki Asano He was in charge of character design and animation direction.
Synopsis of Osomatsu-san
Much of the Matsuno family is made up of the Matsuno sextuplets, which include the Osomatsu leader, the manly Karamatsu, the voice of reason Choromatsu, the cynical Ichimatsu, the hyperactive Juushimatsu, and the loving Todomatsu. Although each of them is already 20 years old, they are incredibly lazy and have no motivation to get a job, choosing to live as NEETs. On the rare occasions when they try to find a job and during job interviews, their personalities always play against them.
From trying to date girls to finding a job, the daily life of the Matsuno brothers is never boring. Although each of them tries to be a respectable member of society, they must first overcome the challenges of having five brothers equal to you.
© 赤 塚 不二 夫 ／ お そ 松 さ ん 製作 委員会
© 赤 塚 不二 夫 ／ え い が の お そ 松 さ ん 製作 委員会 2019