A press release confirmed production of an anime adaptation of the manga, written and illustrated by Nene Yukimori, Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai (Kubo won't let me be invisible). The statement also confirmed production details, but no planned release date was announced. It should be noted that a previous leak had already indicated this production.
The author Nene Yukimori released a special art to celebrate the production announcement:
Yukimori began publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly jump from the publisher shueisha in October 2019. The author also wrote the manga Ningen ni Koi shita Oni wa Warau in the magazine Comic Ruelle between August 2016 and December 2018.
- Kana Hanazawa as Nagisa Kubo.
- kengo kawanishi as Shiraishi board member.
- Kazuomi Koga (Kanojo, Okarishimasu, Ganbare Douki-chan, Ame-iro Cocoa: Rainy Color and Youkoso!) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios pine jam.
- Yuya Takahashi (Donten ni Warau, selection project, luck & logic) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Yoshiko Saito (Comic Girls, Mushoku Tensei: Unemployed Reincarnation, A Certain Magical Index III) is responsible for character design and animation direction.
Summary of Kubo-san wa Mob wo Yurusanai
High school student Junta Shiraishi has a simple goal: to have a fulfilling youth. However, achieving this goal seems to be more difficult than he thought, since everyone around him often fails to notice him due to his lack of presence. In fact, Shiraishi's lack of presence is so severe that people believe her seat in class is always empty and mistakenly assume that she often skips classes. There's even a strange rumor going around the class that those who manage to see Shiraishi will be blessed with good luck that day.
So far, the only person aware of his existence is Nagisa Kubo, the girl sitting next to him. Unfortunately, however, Kubo likes to tease him on a daily basis, often putting him in unprecedented and distressing situations. However, as Kubo's antics continue to involve the reluctant Shiraishi, he may soon find that his youth may not be as boring as he originally thought.
Source: Weird Natalie
© 雪森寧々 (著) / 集英社 SHUEISHA