On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga, written and illustrated by makotoojiro, Kimi wa Houkago insomnia (sleepless after school) the third promotional video for the series was unveiled and it was announced that its premiere will take place on April 10th on TV channels in Japan. It was also reported that the singer aiko will be responsible for interpreting the opening theme of the series with his single "Itsu Aetara".
A new promotional image for the project was also shared.
- Gene Sato like Ganta.
- Konomi Tamura like Isaki.
- Haruka Tomatsu as Yui Shiromaru.
- Seiichiro Yamashita like Tao Ukegawa.
- Lynn as Motoko Kanikawa.
- Natsumi Fujiwara like Kanami Anamizu.
- sumire morohoshi like Mina Nono.
- Momiko Noto Like Usako Kurashiki.
- alright karino like Rui Haida.
- Yuki Ikeda (TRIBE NINE, Mugen no Juunin: IMMORTAL) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios LIDEN FILMS.
- rintarou ikeda (TRIBE NINE, Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan, Koi an Uso) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Hiroaki Fukuda (Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song, Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai) is responsible for character design and animation direction.
- Yuki Hayashi (Boku no Hero Academia, Haikyuu!!, Death Parade) composes the soundtrack.
Ojiro started publishing the manga through the magazine Big weird ghosts from the publisher shogakukan in May 2019. Ojiro is also the author of works such as Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki (Fujiyama's youth), Neko no Otera no Chion-san (Miss Chion from Cat Temple) and Katekin.
Summary of Kimi wa Houkago insomnia
It all started with the death of a member of the Astronomy Club. From this, the rumored spirit of the club came to life. Ganta Nakami, sleepless and grumpy, meets Isaki Magari, moderately rebellious but composed at the Astronomy Club's abandoned observatory. Magari wakes up startled and tries to flee the place, but a broken door prevents her, forcing them both to enter. The two forge an unlikely friendship that leads them to use the observatory as a safe place to meet. Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia follows insomnia-stricken Nakami and Magari's time at the astronomical observatory as they help each other cope with insomnia and the lasting impact it has on college life.
Spring: Weird Natalie