As previously announced, the anime adaptation of the manga by Koyoharu Gotouge, Kimetsu no Yaiba held a special event after the film aired Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Resha hen on Japanese TV. During this event, the third season of the series, which was titled, was announced Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen (Swordsmith Village Arc), will premiere on television in April 2023 in Japan with an hour-long episode. A new promotional video for this sequel was also shared.
In addition, it turned out that A special screening consisting of episodes 10 and 11 of the Yuukaku-hen arc and the first episode of the Katanakaji no Sato-hen arc will be held in theaters in more than 80 countries. This project will hit theaters in Japan on February 3, 2023. Release date for other territories may vary. A new promotional image has been released to commemorate this projection, featuring the characters of both arcs.
After this announcement Konnichiwa Festival confirmed that the special event of Kimetsu no Yaiba titled as "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – To the Swordsmith Village World Tour", Also will be held on March 4, 2023 in Mexico City, Mexico. This is an unprecedented announcement as it is the first such event (ie official anime promotion) in the history of Mexico and Latin America.
Regarding the film that compiles the last two episodes of the second season and which will show the first of the third season, Aniplex of America Y crispy roll They reported that they will be conducting limited distribution in the west according to the following guidelines:
- The red carpet of the Los Angeles premiere will take place on February 18 in the Orpheum Theater and is attended by Natsuki Hanae (voiced by Tanjiro Kamado), the producer of aniplex, Yuma Takahashi and the performance of target device. Tickets for the event go on sale on Ticketmaster from January 7th.
- The film "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Go to Swordsmith Village' will be released in theaters in the United States and Canada on Friday, March 3, with English subtitles and dubbing.
- That "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Swordsmith Village - World Tourwill begin with a two-day event in Tokyo, followed by others in Los Angeles, Paris, Berlin, Mexico City (the one announced above), Seoul and Taipei.
The second season premiered in December 2021 and had a total of eleven episodes, or eighteen considering the anime's seven. Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Resha henwho together form theSecond season project“. the platforms crispy roll Y fun They are responsible for distribution in the West with subtitles, but have made no announcement about producing a dubbing into Latin Spanish.
- Haruo Sotozaki (Tales of Zestiria the X, Tales of Symphonia the Animation) is responsible for the series management in the course transferable (Fate/Zero, Kara no Kyoukai, Katsugeki: Touken Ranbu).
- Akira Matsushima (Maria-sama ga Miteru, Tales of Zestiria the X) is co-responsible for the character design Miyuki Sato, Yoko Kajiyama Y Mika Kikuchiwho served as supporting character designers in the first season and the film.
- Yuki Kajiura (Sword Art Online, Fate/Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) J Gou Shiina (Tales of Zestiria the X, Juuni Taisen, God Eater) compose the soundtrack.
General summary of Kimetsu no Yaiba
Tanjirou Kamado lives with his impoverished family on a remote mountain. As an older brother, he took over responsibility for providing for his family after the death of his father. On a cold winter day he goes to the village to sell charcoal. At dusk he is forced to spend the night in the house of a curious man who warns him of the existence of strange creatures roaming the night: malevolent demons craving human flesh.
When he finally gets home, Tanjirou's worst nightmare comes true. His entire family was brutally slaughtered except for his sister, Nezuko, who was transformed into a flesh-eating demon. Filled with hatred and desperation, Tanjirou desperately tries to stop Nezuko from attacking other humans and embarks on a journey to avenge his family and find a way to turn his beloved sister back into a human.
Font: Weird Natalie