The editorial office Kadokawa and animation studios TROY announced details of their previously announced original anime, which will be titled overtake!. The statement revealed production details and the story, but there's no planned release date.
- Anan Furuya plays Haruka Asahina (left), a Komaki Motors F4 driver who is a quiet high school student. He adamantly claims he doesn't need any support and he's making serious strides to achieve his dream of getting onto the podium. He lives with the Komakis and has a part-time job delivering newspapers.
- Katsuyuki Konishi What Kouya Madoka (right), a freelance photographer who was once considered a valuable photojournalist but is now in the doldrums as a professional due to some weaknesses. An unexpected reporting opportunity presents itself and she meets F4 racer Haruka.
- Hello aoki (Fate/Zero, Aldnoah.Zero, Re:Creators) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios TROY.
- Ayumi Sekine (Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!, Fate/Apocrypha, Mahou Shoujo Site) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Masako Matsumoto (Deadman Wonderland, Tor: Jieitai Kanochi Night, Kaku Tatakaeri, Yagate Kimi ni Naru) is responsible for character design and animation direction.
Synopsis for Overtake!
The anime will focus on Formula 4 (F4) motorsport. Freelance photographer Kouya Madoka is in crisis for a reason. He goes to Fuji International Speedway to work on a story and meets Haruka Asahina, a high school F4 driver. Suddenly her heart is racing after not feeling anything for a long time. With this, he begins supporting Haruka and the youth team "Komaki Motors" to help Haruka achieve his dreams.
Font: Weird Natalie