On the official site for the new adaptation of the manga anime written by Riku Sanjou and illustrated by Kouji Inada, Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken, was revealed to the production team.
- Kazuya Karasawa (Dragon ball super, Dragon Ball Super: Broly) is in charge of directing the anime in the studios Toei Animation.
- Katsuhiko Chiba (Mahou Senshi Louie, Baby Steps, Tiger mask double) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Emiko Miyamoto (Mahou Tsukai Precure!) is in charge of character design.
- Yuki Hayashi is in charge of the composition of the soundtrack.
The series has its premiere scheduled for the month of October this year. Sanjou and Inada began publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly Shonen Jump from the publisher Shueisha in 1989 and it was completed in 1996, with a total of 37 compilation volumes. The play previously inspired a 46-episode anime adaptation aired between 1991 and 1992, as well as two animated films released in July 1991, March 1992, and July 1992.
The most recent animated installment in the Dragon Quest franchise was the CG animated movie. Dragon Quest: Your Story, which opened in theaters in Japan in August 2019. Today, May 27, “Dragon Quest Day” is celebrated, and marks the 34th anniversary since the launch of the first game in the franchise.
Cast of voices
- Atsumi Tanezaki like Dai.
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga like Popp.
- Mikako Komatsu like Maam.
- Saori Hayami like Leona.
- Takahiro Sakurai like Avan.
- Yuuki Kaji like Hyunckel.
Synopsis for Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken
In the story, having defeated the demon lord Hadlar, all of the monsters were released from their evil control and moved to Delmurin Island to live peacefully. Dai is the only human who lives there.
Having been raised by the monster Brass, Dai's dream is to become a hero. He sees an opportunity to become one when he learns that the demon lord Hadlar has been resurrected and that the previous hero, Avan, has come to train Dai.
But Hadlar announces that he is now serving a much more powerful demon lord than himself, and is hunting Avan. To save his student, the hero uses the self-sacrifice spell, but is unable to defeat Hadlar. Cornered and about to die, the hero's mark appears on Dai's forehead and gains the power to face him. Will he be able to save the world now that he has become a hero?
© 三条 陸 、 稲 田 浩 司 / 集 英 社 ・ ダ イ の 大 冒 険 製作 委員会 © SQUARE ENIX LTD. All Rights Reserved.