On the official page for the new anime adaptation of the manga by Riku Sanjou and illustrated by Kouji Inada, Dragon Quest: Dai no Daiboukenwere revealed to new members of the cast, including (left to right and top to bottom):
- Tomokazu seki as Hadlar, the demon lord who once ruled the world.
- Tomoaki Maeno like crocodine.
- Tooru Nara like Flazzard.
- Takehito Koyasu like Myst-Vearn.
- Mitsuo Iwata like Zaboera.
- Sho Hayami like Baran.
- Takaya Hashi like Vearn.
The premiere of the series is planned for October this year. Sanjou and Inada began publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly shonen jump from the publisher Shueisha Completed in 1989 and 1996, with a total of 37 compiled volumes. The play previously inspired a 46-episode anime adaptation that aired between 1991 and 1992, as well as two animated films that were released in July 1991, March 1992, and July 1992.
The final animated episode in the Dragon Quest franchise was the CG animation film. Dragon Quest: Your StoryToday, May 27th, “Dragon Quest Day” marks the 34th anniversary since the first game in the franchise was launched.
- Atsumi Tanezaki like Dai.
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga like Popp.
- Mikako komatsu like maam.
- Saori Hayami as Leona.
- Takahiro Sakurai as Avan.
- Yuuki Kaji like Hyunckel.
- Kazuya Karasawa ((Dragon Ball great, Dragon Ball Super: Broly) is responsible for directing the anime in the studios Toei animation.
- Katsuhiko Chiba ((Mahou Senshi Louie, Small steps, Tiger Mask Double) is responsible for writing and monitoring the scripts.
- Emiko Miyamoto ((Mahou Tsukai Precure!) is responsible for the character design.
- Yuki Hayashi is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Dragon Quest Synopsis: Dai no Daibouken
In the story, after defeating the demon lord Hadlar, all the monsters were freed from his evil control and drawn to the island of Delmurin to live peacefully. Dai is the only person who lives there.
Dai was raised by Monster Brass and dreams of becoming a hero. He sees a chance to become one when he learns that the demon lord Hadlar has risen and that the previous hero, Avan, has come to train Dai.
But Hadlar announces that he is now serving a demon lord far more powerful than himself, and Avan is hunting. To save his student, the hero uses the spell of self-sacrifice, but cannot defeat Hadlar. Cornered and close to death, the hero's mark appears on Dai's forehead and he gains the strength to stand against him. Can he save the world now that he's become a hero?
Source: Comic Natalie
© QU EN 陸 、 稲 司 All / 集 集 司 S S S S S S S © SQUARE ENIX LTD. All rights reserved.