During the 60th edition of the Japanese science fiction convention (Nihon SF Taikai) The names of the candidates have been announced Seiun Awards 2021, the latest edition of the prestigious Japanese awards given annually to the best fantasy and science fiction works published worldwide over the past year.
Like every year they were announced by at least six to a maximum of eleven candidates for each of the nine categories presentnamely, Japanese novels, Japanese short stories, translated novels, translated short novels, media, comics, art, non-fiction, and a "free" category. The only entry requirement is that the works in question were published between January 1 and December 31, 2020.
Below you can read the candidates in the "Media" and "Comics" categories, where the most valued works by the jury are located. The public can express their preference through online voting. The award ceremony will take place from August 21-22, 2021 in Takamatsu, Kagawa.
- Deca-Dence (Anime TV Series)
- So Spoke Rohan Kishibe (Live-Action TV Series)
- Get your hands off Eizouken! (Live action film)
- Ultraman Z (Live Action TV Series)
- ID: Invaded (anime TV series)
- BNA: Brand New Animal (Anime TV Series)
- Demon Slayer: Mugen Train (Anime Movie)
- Eiga Precure Miracle Leap: Minna after Fushigi na 1-nichi (anime film)
- Drifting Dragons (Anime TV Series)
- Maeda Kensetsu Fantasy Eigyobu (Live Action Film)
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (23 volumes, complete)
- Kimi wo Shinasenai tames no story (8 volumes, complete)
- Hozuki's Coolheadedness (31 volumes, complete)
- The Promised Neverland (20 volumes, complete)
- School Live! (12 volumes, complete)
- Hinamatsuri (19 volumes, complete)
Double nomination for Demon Slayer, who is of course the big favorite in both categories. Because the Seiun Awards are mainly reserved for science fiction and fantasy works The competition has not become too tight for Gotouge's workthat should at least win the media award without too much difficulty.
And what do you think about it Who would deserve to win? Tell us in the comments! In the meantime, we remind you that Demon Slayer recently took home the Osamu Tezuka Cultural Award, another triumph in a two-year period of records and outstanding revenue.