Last February 1st, Nippon Television, a titan in the realm of Japanese broadcasting, unveiled a staggering surge in their anime market earnings, registering an increase of 86.8 percent over the prior year, culminating in a whopping 5.04 billion yen in profits.
The financial leap, though remarkable, is attributed to the stellar performance of franchises such as “Sousou no Frieren (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End)" and "Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (The Apothecary Diaries)”, which played a pivotal role in this success through robust sales in distribution services. Nippon Television also credits the expansion of anime productions, the revival of classic series, and international distribution as strategic moves propelling these achievements.
While these titles propelled Nippon Television's success in 2023, the network sets its sights on “Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)" and "The Fable” to sustain the momentum into 2024.
Nevertheless, the spotlight on “Sousou no Frieren” and “Kusuriya no Hitorigoto” as the juggernauts behind Nippon Television's financial upswing has sparked a beacon of hope among aficionados. Sequels seem almost a given, considering the triumph of these narratives.
- «Understanding the allure of Sousou no Frieren is one thing, but the international charm of Kusuriya no Hitorigoto is quite the enigma.»
- «Ultimately, in the anime biz, it's the bottom line that reigns supreme.»
- «Global distribution has turned into a cornerstone for anime's commercial landscape.»
- «The intricacies of anime's financial flows are baffling; weren't merch and media supposed to be the cash cows?»
- «Japan's reliance on the global stage for business maneuvers is as evident as ever.»
- «Let's not overlook Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy-'s contribution to Nippon Television's coffers, now boasting an upgraded studio for its sequel.»
- «With this news, it's clear both series are gearing up for their anticipated second acts.»
- «Rimuru-sama's tale continues to captivate, a testament to its enduring popularity.»
- «Sousou no Frieren's unwavering momentum, even as it delves into a fresh narrative arc, speaks volumes of its production caliber.»
- «One can only hope this success doesn't lead to the gimmick of celebrity voiceovers in either series.»
- «If Sousou no Frieren embarks on a two-part second season, it could unfold one of the manga's most riveting arcs. The wait for such quality production, however, may test our patience.»