The famous Oricon portal is one of the most important services to keep track of sales of manga, light novels or home video editions in Japan. In fact, since its launch in 2008, the site has grown into a trusted database in the animation and publishing industries.
ONE PIECE is the work that comes closest to that half a billion copies sold worldwide, but it's also the one that's grabbed most of the public's attention over the last 14 years. However, since the advent of Orikon, Eiichiro Oda's masterpiece wasn't the only series to achieve staggering sales. So here are the top 10 best-selling manga since the launch of the famous service:
- ONE PIECE has sold 215 million copies with 52 tankobons in 14 years;
- Demon Hunter, 23 volumes published in 6 years: 126 million copies sold;
- The attack of the giants, 34 volumes: 78 million copies;
- Kingdom: 55 volumes and 55 million copies;
- Haikyuu!: 50 million copies in 45 volumes;
- Naruto: 46 million copies;
- Jujutsu Kaisen: 39 million copies;
- My hero academy: 38 million copies;
- The Seven Deadly Sins: 34.5 million copies;
- Fairy Tail: 34 million copies;
Given the data, it is also interesting to note how Jujutsu Kaisen managed to overcome My Hero Academia in such a short time, a phenomenon that made the jewel Against Akutami one of the new titles of the moment. And you instead, what do you think of this data? As usual, let us know what you think with a comment below.