The Japanese portal Yaraon! published the ranking of cumulative sales in Japan in 2020, the manga being written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge, Kimetsu no yaibacompletely dominant with a difference of more than 889%. With 80,084,936 copies sold this year, the work has set a new record, outperforming the record of the manga, which was written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda, One pieceIn 2011 that was 37,996,373 copies sold.
Cumulative annual sales ranking 2020
- Kimetsu no yaiba, written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge - 80,084,936 copies sold.
- kingdom, written and illustrated by Yasuhisa Hara - 8,091,788 copies sold.
- One piece, written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda, 7,252,712 copies sold.
- Haikyuu !!, written and illustrated by Haruichi Furudate - 7,051,087 copies sold.
- Yakusoku no never land, written by Kaiu Shirai and illustrated by Posuka Demizu - 6,253,735 copies sold.
- Gotoubun no Hanayome, written and illustrated by Negi Haruba - 6,024,552 copies sold.
- Jujutsu Kaisen, written and illustrated by Gege Akutami - 5,858,672 copies sold.
- Boku not a hero academy, written and illustrated by Kohei Horikoshi - 5,794,423 copies sold.
- SPY x FAMILY, written and illustrated by Tatsuya Endo - 4,414,014 copies sold.
- Shingeki no Kyojin, written and illustrated by Hajime isayama - 3,730,573 copies sold.
For his part, Koyoharu Gotouge began publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly shonen jump from the publisher Shueisha in February 2016 and finalized in May 2020. The publisher released the twenty-first compilation volume on July 3 in Japan and the twenty-second on October 2.
Synopsis of Kimetsu no Yaiba
In the Taisho era in Japan, Tanjiro Kamado is a kind and intelligent boy who lives in the mountains with his family. Tanjiro became the head of his family after the death of his father and makes constant trips to the village at the foot of the mountain to sell firewood and charcoal.
However, his life changes when one day, returning home from a night out, he discovers that his family has been killed by a demon. Tanjiro and her sister Nezuko are the only survivors, but she has been turned into a demon, although surprisingly, she still shows emotion and appears to have a sense of reason. After meeting Giyuu Tomioka, a demon hunter; Tanjiro decides to become a demon hunter in order to hunt down his family's killer and find a way to get Nezuko back to normal.
© 吾 峠 呼 世 著 (著) / SHUEISHA 集 英 社