On the official site for the anime adaptation of manga written and illustrated by afro, Yuru camp (Relaxed camp) a new promotional video for the next film in the franchise has been released. The press release holds the release date planned for July 1st in Japan and describes the story as follows:
- Some time has passed since the television animation of Yuru Camp, and the film in the franchise now shows Nadeshiko as an adult. The story unfolds when Rin, who works at a small publishing company in Nagoya, receives a message from Chiaki. Chiaki says he is in charge of planning the renovation of the Yamanashi Tourism Promotion Organization, a facility that closed a few years ago.
- Hearing Rin's comment, "If it's such a big place, why not use it as a campground?" Nadeshiko, who works at an outdoor shop in Tokyo, Aoi, a teacher at the local Yamanashi Elementary School, and Ena , who work at a hair salon in Yokohama, come together to start a campground development project.
Afro mentioned that the staff consulted the manga's creator at almost every step of the production, from the initial draft of the script to the designs. The creator noted that the characters are a bit older, as well as a personal expectation of seeing what even Afro hasn't seen. Director Yoshiaki Kyougoku thanked the fans for their support that made this film possible and hinted at the opportunity to explore locations and eat delicious camping food again while filming the anime.
The second season of Yuru camp premiered in Japan in the winter 2021 season (January-March) and had a total of thirteen episodes, with crispy roll responsible for sales in the West. On the other hand, Afro started publishing the manga in the magazine Manga Time Kirara Forward from the publisher Houbunsha in July 2015. The film is scheduled to premiere in theaters in Japan on July 1.
- Yoshiaki Kyōgoku (Kuroko no Basket, Robotics; Notes) is responsible for directing the feature film at the studios C station.
- Jin Tanaka (Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine, love life! Nijigasaki Gakuen school idol Doukoukai) J Mutsumi Itou (Bakugan Battle Planet, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal) write and supervise the screenplays.
- Mutsumi Sasaki (Chaos;HEAd, Dragonar Academy, Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~) is responsible for character design.
Summary of Yuru Camp
While the perfect getaway for most girls her age might be an extravagant vacation with loved ones, Rin Shima's ideal way of camping alone at the foot of Mount Fuji is. From setting up the tent to collecting firewood, she has always done everything herself and has no plans to leave her lonely little world. However, what begins as one of Rin's usual camping sessions somehow ends up as a surprise reunion for two when the lost Nadeshiko Kagamihara is forced to take refuge in her camp.
Originally, Nadeshiko wanted to see the scenic view of Mount Fuji for herself, but Nadeshiko's plans are interrupted when she falls asleep in the middle of the destination. Alone and with no other choice, she seeks help from the only person around. Despite their hasty introductions, the two girls enjoy the cold night together, eating ramen and chatting while the campfire keeps them warm. And even after Nadeshiko's sister finally picked her up later that night, both girls were silently considering the possibility of going on another camping trip together.
Font: Weird Natalie