On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga, written and illustrated by Soumato, Shadow's housea new promotional video for the project was released. The video confirms that the premiere is scheduled for July 8 in Japan.and shows a snippet of the theme songs, including:
- ReoNawho performed the ending theme for the first season, the new ending theme will come with the single titled "Shall we Dance?“.
- Claris (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Hataraku Saibou) will be the new closing theme with the single titled “masquerade“.
The first season aired in Japan during the season of Spring 2021 (April-June)with thirteen episodes and the platform entertainment (now crunchy roll) responsible for the spread in the west. On the other hand, Soumato publish the manga in the magazine Weekly jump from the publisher shueisha since September 2018.
- Kazuki Ohashi (Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, Fairy Tail: Dragon Scream, Tsukimonogatari ) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios CloverWorks.
- Toshiya Ono (86: Eighty-six, Gatchaman crowds, Houseki no Kuni) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Chizuko Kusakabe (pumpkin scissors, chocolate problems) is responsible for character design.
- Kenichiro Suehiro (Hataraku Saibo, firepower, Golden Kamuy) composes the soundtrack.
Synopsis for Shadow's House
Characterized by their pitch-black appearance and tendency to emit soot when excited, the Shadows are a family of nobles who live far from other humans in a colossal mansion deep in the mountains. When a shadow child grows up, he is assigned a living doll that acts not only as his assistant but also as his second half, the faces he would have if it weren't for his complexion. Emilico is a cheerful newly created doll who serves a rather soft-spoken teacher named Kate. Despite their different personalities, Emilico does what he can to meet his master's needs.
As he learns more about his role and duty, Emilico gets to know his fellow dolls and their respective masters, and learns more about the purpose of their existence. "Don't worry about the little things" is one of the rules that all dolls have to follow. But how could the ever-curious Emilico do that given the deep secrets the House of Shadows holds?
Font: Weird Natalie