On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga, written and illustrated by Daiki Kobayashi, Ragna purplethe first promotional video of the project was released. The video confirms the voice cast, production team and the release date is planned for sometime in 2023 in Japan.
Daiki Kobayashi began publishing the manga in the magazine Monthly Gangan Joker from the publisher Square Enix in March 2017. Kobayashi already wrote other manga like Sky blue Y Satsui no Senkibut Ragna purple it is the first to inspire an anime adaptation.
- Chiaki Kobayashi like Ragna.
- Ayumu Murase like crimson.
- Inori Minase like Leonika.
- Ken Takahashi (Butlers x Battlers, Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!) is responsible for directing the anime at the studios SILVER LINK.
- Deco Akao (Amanchu!, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Noragami) is responsible for writing and supervising the screenplays.
- Shinpei Aoki (Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya) is responsible for character design and animation direction.
Ragna Crimson summary
In this action-packed dark fantasy, humanity lives in danger of being wiped out by immensely powerful dragons. The dragon slayer Ragna sets out on a quest for revenge to end this threat once and for all. Dragonslayers are warriors armed with special silver weapons who kill their prey for reward. At the bottom of her ranks is Ragna, who forms an unlikely partnership with young genius Leonica, a master dragon slayer with more kills than almost anyone else. All Ragna wants is to be by Leonica's side, but his dream is shattered by the attack of the deadliest dragon imaginable...
Font: Weird Natalie
©Daiki Kobayashi/SQUARE ENIX