It's been two years and eight months since the production of a new season of the original anime was announced. Promote films Y. Shirogumi, EtotamaDuring a special event on February 18, 2018, the new series was finally confirmed as a collection of animated shorts. This was confirmed by the project's official website, which said:
""We plan to produce and release a new original Etotama animation as a series of short films. We apologize to everyone who was looking forward to seeing us that it took so long before the official announcement of this production was made. Although it is a range of shorts, we hope we can offer you a fun and animated end product that is typical of this franchise. In addition, we plan to make it available to everyone so we will have more details on it by the end of 2020".
The original twelve-episode series premiered in Japan in April 2015, and the project also had a manga adaptation of Hino Hiromawhich was published in the magazine Monthly comic Dengeki Daioh from the publisher Kadokawa Compiled in three volumes between January 2014 and January 2016.
- Rie Murakawa like Nyaa-tan.
- Yumiri Hanamori like Uri-tan.
- Hiro Shimono as Takeru Amato.
- Eriko Matsui like Moo-tan.
- Mikoi Sasaki like piyo-tan.
- Sayaka ohara like Chuu-tan.
- May fuchigami like Mei-tan.
- Hitomi Nabatame like Shaa-tan.
- Mariko Honda like Inu-tan.
- Maaya uchida like Dora-tan.
- Takamitsu Hirakawa Y. Fumitoshi Oizaki You were responsible for directing the first season in the studios Shirogumi Y. Promote films.
- Hitomi Mieno He was responsible for writing and overseeing the scripts.
- Satoshi Koike was responsible for the character design and animation in collaboration with Mama Takahashi Y. Akio Watanabe.
Synopsis of Etotama
Every 60 years heaven performs a sacred ritual known as ETM12. This custom involves the selection of worthy Eto-Musume, heavenly beings representing various animals, in order to become one of the animals of the Chinese zodiac or an Eto-Shin. However, since the first ETM12 two thousand years ago, the original batch of Eto-shin has prevailed without anyone being able to replace it.
Nyaa-tan is an Eto-Musume that represents the cat and wants to become a member of the zodiac during the current ETM12. To achieve his ambition, he must collect twelve stamps, one for each Eto-Shin. For this purpose he has to face various challenges with the sun / slack or the divine energy generated by people's emotions. However, this task is anything but easy, since his powers as an Eto-Musume are far below the capabilities of an Eto-Shin and he therefore needs a constant source of energy from a person.
Source: Official Twitter account
© Shirogumi Inc., All rights reserved.
© Shirogumi Inc. / TLC Inc., All rights reserved.
© え と た ま 製作 委員会