On the official Twitter account for the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Atsushi Ohkubo, Enen no Shouboutai (also know as Fire force), two new cast members were revealed for the second season of the project. The added members were revealed in a new promotional video and include:
- Kentaro Ito like the mole Scop.
- Sho Hayami like the raven Yata.
The series has its premiere scheduled for next July. For his part, Ohkubo publishes the manga in the magazine Weekly Shonen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha since September 2015. The publisher published the twenty-third compilation volume on May 15. The work inspired a 24-episode anime adaptation produced by the studios. David Production, released in July 2019.
Cast of voices
- Gakuto Kajiwara like Shinra Kusakabe.
- Mao Ichimichi like Iris.
- Aoi Yuuki like Tamaki Kotatsu.
- Saeko Kamijou like Maki Oze.
- Yuusuke Kobayashi like Arthur Boyle.
- Kazuya Nakai like Akitaru Oubi.
- Kenichi Suzumura like Takehisa Hinawa.
- Mamoru Miyano like Benimaru Shinmon.
- Lynn like Hibana.
- Kenjirou Tsuda like Joker.
- Tatsuma Minamikawa (Ekimemo!, Nami I Kiitekure) is in charge of directing the anime in the studios David Production, as well as the writing and supervision of the scripts.
- Kenichiro Suehiro (Golden Kamuy, Granbelm, Hataraku Saibou, Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack under the sound direction of Jin Aketagawa.
- Hideyuki Morioka (D.Gray-man, Hidamari Sketch, Kizumonogatari) is in charge of character design.
- Aimer will perform the opening theme for this second season titled "SPARK-AGAIN".
Synopsis of Fire Force
Terror has paralyzed the inhabitants of Tokyo after a phenomenon known as "spontaneous combustion" began to turn its inhabitants into a kind of fiery demons called hellish. Despite this, some people are able to handle flames and maintain their human form, thus giving them special abilities that divide them into first, second, and third generation pyrokinetics.
Within this chaos, our protagonist Shinra Kusakabe, a third-generation pyrokinetic, joins the Eighth Company of the Fire Force Special Unit, which seeks to discover the truth behind the phenomenon of human combustion.
Source: Natalie Comic
© 大 久保 篤 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 特殊 消防隊 動画 広 報 課