It was reported that the third volume was a Blu-ray / DVD compilation of the animated adaptation of the light novels Adachi to Shimamura ((Adachi and Shimamura) accumulated 2,772 copies sold in Japan within a week of its release.
This pack was released on February 3rd and contains episodes 7 through 9 of this adaptation. The Blu-ray version costs 8,800 yen (about $ 84) and has sold 2,435 copies. The DVD version costs 7,800 yen (about $ 74) and has sold 337 copies. The package includes other benefits such as a novel, an illustration booklet and some stickers. Therefore, in their compilation packs released so far, the series has the following performance:
- Package 1 (December 2, 2020) - 2,051 copies sold.
- Package 2 (January 6, 2021) - 2,686 copies sold.
- Package 3 (February 3, 2021) - 2,772 copies sold,
The series aired in the Fall 2020 season (October-December) and had a total of twelve episodes. So far there is no evidence of the production of a second season. On the other hand, Iruma and Non started publishing the light novels through the publishing label Dengeki Bunko from the publisher Kadokawa in March 2013.
- Satoshi Kuwabara ((Gotoubun no Hanayome, black jack, Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu Ω) was responsible for directing the anime in the studios Tezuka Productions.
- Keiichiro ochi ((Gotoubun no Hanayome, Hinamatsuri, Machikado Mazoku) was responsible for writing and monitoring the scripts.
- Shizue Kaneko ((Hana wa Saku, Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu, Kanojo ga flag wo Oraretara) was responsible for the character design.
Synopsis from Adachi to Shimamura
Somewhere in school at noon you can hear the sound of two girls playing table tennis together while they wait for the time to pass. As if by fate, two students, Sakura Adachi and Hougetsu Shimamura, meet on the second floor of the gym. As they gradually develop a budding friendship, their feelings for one another become more ambiguous. The two grow closer every day and must learn to deal with their opposing personalities and determine the depth of their affection for one another.
The nature of this relationship gradually changes as one of them begins to develop feelings beyond the confines of a platonic relationship. Still, Adachi and Shimamura need to figure out whether forming a bond stronger than friendship brings them closer or apart.
© 2019 K 間 人間 / KADOKAWA / 安達 と し ま ま ら ら 製作 委員会