The Japanese manga and electronic light novels service, Piccoma, revealed the winners of the "Piccoma Awards 2020". Manga Kimetsu no Yaiba, written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge, received the highest award.
These awards consider some aspects of serializations, such as the number of visits, sales, number of likes and amounts of "first purchases" in the period between March 2019 and February 2020, through which seven works were selected for be rewarded. These seven awards were named according to the seven days of the week, in their Latin names, and include:
- MOON: Kimetsu no Yaiba, written and illustrated by Koyoharu Gotouge.
- IGNIS: Solo Leveling, written by Chu-Gong.
- AQUA: Kyou mo Kobamarete Masu, written and illustrated by Poreporemi.
- ARBOR: Shuumatsu no Walküre, written by Fukui Takumi and illustrated by Aji Chika.
- AURUM: Surgeon Elise, written by Yuin and illustrated by Mini.
- TERRA: LV999 not Murabito, written by Koneko Hoshitsuki and illustrated by Kenichi Iwamoto.
- SUN: Gokudou Koukousei, written by Lee Hoon Young and illustrated by Kim Eui Kwon.
About Kimetsu no Yaiba
Gotouge started publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly Shonen Jump from the publisher Shueisha in February 2016. The publisher published the twentieth compilation volume on May 13. In addition, the work will end in chapter # 205.
The play inspired a 26-episode anime adaptation released in April 2019, and produced by the studios. Ufotable. Additionally, the film is confirmed Kimetsu no Yaiba: Mugen Ressha-hen, which will adapt the “Infinity Train Arc” and which will be released on October 16.
© 吾 峠 呼 世 晴 ／ 集 英 社 ・ ア ニ プ レ ッ ク ス ・ ufotable