During the platform announcement crispy roll at the congress anime exhibitionheld in Los Angeles, it was announced that the romantic comedy manga series was written and illustrated by Fumita Yanagida, Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! (Tomo-chan is a girl!) is adapted to anime. The series is scheduled to premiere in January 2023 under the studios' production lay duke.
The first visual for the series was also released.
Author Fumita Yanagida released a special illustration to celebrate the announcement.
- Rie Takahashi like Tomo Aizawa.
- Kaito Ishikawa as Junichiro Kubota.
- Rina Hidaka as Misuzu Gundo.
- Sally Amaki cLike Carol Olston.
- The series is directed by Hitoshi Namba in the studios lay duke.
- The scripts are written by Megumi Shimizu.
- Character design is adopted Shiroi Hiraiwa.
- The soundtrack is composed by Masaru Yokoyama.
Yanagida began publishing the manga in the magazine in April 2015 Saizensen and finished it in July 2019 with a total of eight anthologies published under the umbrella of the publishing house Kodansha.
Summary for Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!
Tomo and Jun have been best friends since they were little kids, but now that they are in high school, Tomo wants them to be something more... Too bad Jun only sees them as boys. That's why Tomo is determined to prove to Jun that she too is a woman.
Font: Twitter account