NHK World Japan, the international public television service of Japan, NHKunveiled a new promotional image for the animated manga adaptation of the manga, written and illustrated by Aiko Koyama, Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san ((Makanai at Maiko Lodge).
The series premieres on February 25th in Japan and will have a total of twelve episodes. It will then be broadcast on NHK's E-Tele channel in autumn 2021 (October to December). In turn, Koyama publishes the manga in the magazine Weekly Shonen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan since December 2016. In March 2020 the publisher published the thirteenth compiled volume.
- Kana Hanazawa like Kiyo, a 16-year-old girl who works as a cook in the “Maiko House”.
- Mao Ichimichi as Sumire, Kiyo's childhood friend. They both came to Kyoto to become maikos.
- Minami Takayama as Kente, a childhood friend of Kiyo and Sumire attending Aomori High School.
- Satsumi Matsuda as Tsurukoma, an elderly maiko who lives in the “maiko house”.
- Kaoru Katakai as Okaa-san, the head of the "Maiko House" and leader of the Maiko.
- Rikiya Koyama as Onii-san the "Otokoshi", a professional male helper who supports the Maiko.
- Youhei suzuki ((UQ holder!) is responsible for directing the anime in the studios JCSTAFF.
- Susumu Yamakawa ((Back Street Girls, Gokushufudō) is responsible for writing and monitoring the scripts.
- Gou Sakabe ((Digimon Adventure Tri, Date A Live) is responsible for composing the soundtrack.
Summary of Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san
A 16-year-old girl named Kiyo lives on the streets of Kyoto's geisha district. After failing the test to become a "maiko," a geisha apprentice, she will start working as a local cook. This is the story of your daily life.
Source: Comic Natalie
© 小山 愛 子 • 小学 館 / NHK