On the official page for the anime adaptation of Light Novels written by Kyo Shirodaira and illustrated by Chasiba katase, Kyokou Suiri (In / Specter) a new promo video has been released for the second season of the project. The video confirms the previous leak, which suggests that it will premiere in Japan in 2022.
Kyo Shirodaira started publishing the light novels with illustrations by Hiro kiyohara 2011 through the publisher's label Kodansha novels, later moved to the label Kodansha Taigawhere he started the illustrations of Chasiba katase. The editorial office Kodansha has published a total of four volumes so far. The first season of twelve episodes that will air in the Winter 2020 season (January-March) is distributed by Crispy roll in the West.
- Akari Kitou as Kotoko Iwanaga.
- Mamoru Miyano as Kurou Sakuragawa.
- Misato fukuen as Saki Yumihara.
- Mayumi sako as Rikka Sakuragawa.
- Keiji gotou (Choujikuu Robo Meguru, Kiddy class, Sengoku Collection) returns to lead the study Brain base.
- Noboru Takagi (C: The money of the soul and the control of possibility, Durarara, Golden Kamuy, Sankarea) takes back responsibility for writing and monitoring the scripts.
- Kentaro Matsumoto (D-Ask !, Grimms notes the animation) is responsible for character design and animation direction.
Summary of Kyokou Suiri
Hidden within sight, the ghosts known as youkai inhabit the world. Although most are benign, a subgroup threatens the weak peace between youkai and humanity. Ever since she agreed to become her "God of Wisdom", Kotoko Iwanaga has served as a mediator between the two kingdoms, solving all the supernatural problems that might come before her. At a local hospital, Kotoko approaches Kurou Sakuragawa, a college student whose long-term relationship ended in an unhappy breakup. Kotoko has feelings for him and suspects that there is something supernatural hidden in his harmless appearance, so she asks Kurou for his help in helping the youkai.
Two years later, news of an idol accidentally crushed to death by steel girders flooded the press. Months later, however, the sightings speak of a faceless woman swinging a steel girder. As with any supernatural problem, Kotoko and her partner tried to keep this ghost from wreaking havoc, but this case can turn out to be a lot more sinister and personal than they might think.
Source: Comic Natalie
(c) 城 平 京 ・ 片 瀬 茶 柴 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 虚構 推理 製作 委員会