On the official page for the new animated manga adaptation by Riku Sanjou and illustrated by Kouji Inada, Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken ((Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai) it was announced that the series will not air a new episode on January 2, 2021, and will continue with the fourteenth episode on January 9, 2021.
The site also revealed new cast members who are part of the second story arc of the work, which will begin with the fourteenth episode. Left to right and top to bottom:
- Shuuhei Sakaguchi like Apollo.
- Kiyono yasuno like Marin.
- Yui ishikawa like Amy.
- Kazuhiro Yamaji like Matliff.
- Hiroyuki Yoshino like Gilburn.
The series has aired in Japan since October 3, and the total number of episodes has not yet been confirmed. The platform Crunchyroll is responsible for sales in Latin America. For their part, Sanjou and Inada began to publish the manga in the magazine Weekly shonen jump from the publisher Shueisha Completed in 1989 and 1996, with a total of 37 compiled volumes.
The play previously inspired a 46-episode anime adaptation that aired between 1991 and 1992, as well as two animated films that were released in July 1991, March 1992, and July 1992.
- Atsumi Tanezaki like Dai.
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga like Popp.
- Mikako komatsu like maam.
- Saori Hayami as Leona.
- Takahiro Sakurai as Avan.
- Yuuki Kaji like Hyunckel.
- Kazuya Karasawa ((Dragon Ball great, Dragon Ball Super: Broly) is responsible for directing the anime in the studios Toei animation.
- Katsuhiko Chiba ((Mahou Senshi Louie, Small steps, Tiger Mask Double) is responsible for writing and monitoring the scripts.
- Emiko Miyamoto ((Mahou Tsukai Precure!) is responsible for the character design.
- Yuki Hayashi is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
- The pop rock band Macaroni Empichi plays the opening song entitled "Ikiru wo Suru" and the closing song entitled "Mother".
Dragon Quest Synopsis: Dai no Daibouken
In the story, after defeating the demon lord Hadlar, all the monsters were freed from evil control and drawn to the island of Delmurin to live peacefully. Dai is the only person who lives there.
Dai was raised by Monster Brass and dreams of becoming a hero. He sees a chance to become one when he learns that the demon lord Hadlar has risen and that the previous hero, Avan, has come to train Dai.
But Hadlar announces that he is now serving a demon lord far more powerful than himself, and Avan is hunting. To save his student, the hero uses the spell of self-sacrifice, but cannot defeat Hadlar. Cornered and shortly before death, the hero's mark appears on Dai's forehead and he gains the strength to stand against him. Can he save the world now that he's become a hero?
Source: Comic Natalie
© SQUARE ENIX LTD. All rights reserved.