Through the leak of a renowned Japanese leaker, it was revealed that the anime adaptation of the manga written by Ryousuke Takeuchi and illustrated by Hikaru Miyoshi, Yuukoku no Moriarty, will be released in the month of October. The statement also revealed three new members of the voice cast:
- Yuuki Ono like John H. Watson.
- Satoshi Hino like Sebastian Moran.
- Yuuto Uemura like Fred Porlock.
For their part, Takeuchi and Miyoshi began publishing the manga in the magazine. Jump SQ from the publisher Shueisha in August 2016.
The manga inspired a musical that was presented in Japan in May of this year. The event also announced that the manga will inspire a second musical to be presented in Tokyo and Kyoto in August 2020. A novelization of the play was published in November 2018.
Cast of voices
- Souma Saitou like William James Moriarty.
- Makoto Furukawa like Sherlock Holmes.
- Chiaki Kobayashi like Louis James Moriarty.
- Takuya Satou as Alber James Moriarty.
- Kazuya Nomura is in charge of directing the anime in the studios Production I.G.
- Tooru Ookubo is in charge of character design.
Synopsis of Yuukoku no Moriarty
The protagonist of the story is James Moriarty, the famous antagonist of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series. In the manga, he is an orphan who assumes the name of William James Moriarty when he and his younger brother are adopted into the Moriarty family. As an adult, he seeks to eliminate the ills caused by England's strict class system.
© 三好 輝, 竹 内 良 輔 / 集 英 社