On the official site for the final season of the anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama, Shingeki no Kyojin by the studios MAPPA, the premiere of the series for this year was listed.
For his part, Isayama began publishing the manga in the magazine Bessatsu Shonen Magazine from the publisher Kodansha in September 2009. The publisher published the thirty-first compilation volume on April 9. Previously, this final season had not defined a release date or year.
Cast of voices
- Yui Ishikawa like Mikasa Ackerman.
- Yuki Kaji like Eren Yeager.
- Marina Inoue like Armin Arlert.
- Hiroshi Kamiya like Levi Ackerman.
- Romi park like Hange Zoe.
- Yuu Kobayashi like Sasha Blouse.
- Kishou Taniyama like Jean Kirstein.
- Shiori Mikami like Krista Lenz.
- Yoshimasa Hosoya like Reiner Braun.
- Yuichiro Hayashi (Dorohedoro, Kakegurui) is in charge of directing the anime in the studios MAPPA.
- Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Vinland Saga, Mob Psycho 100) will be in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Tomohiro Kishi (Dorohedoro, 91 Days) is in charge of character design.
- Hiroyuki Sawano will be in charge of the composition of the soundtrack with Kohta Yamamoto (Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Saga).
Synopsis from Shingeki no Kyojin
A century ago, human beings faced extinction when an unbeatable and terrifying enemy appeared: the Titans, gigantic monsters that devoured much of humanity and forced the few survivors to confine themselves behind high walls. Behind those walls is Eren Jaeger, a boy who dreams of crossing them to get to know the outside world and who lives his day to day with his parents, his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman and his friend Armin Arlert.
However, one fateful day, humanity remembers once again its destiny when a gargantuan sixty-meter titan appears before the first row of walls that protect humans from their most fearsome enemy. Thus, Eren, Mikasa and Armin lose their home and all hope at the same time that our protagonist takes an oath: his goal in life will be to end all the Titans. In this way, a story of survival and war begins in which their characters must reveal the mystery behind the existence of these horrible beings.
Source: Official site
© 諫 山 創 ・ 講 談 社 ／ 「進 撃 の 巨人」 The Final Season 製作 委員会