On the official site for the animated adaptation of light novels by Light tuchihi and illustrated by Youta, Kyuukyoku Shinka Shita Full Dive RPG by Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara ((What if the most advanced VR video game was a game that is more junk than reality itself?) a new promotional image of the project was released. The press release also revealed that the series is maintaining its premiere date for April this year.
Tuchihi and Youta in turn began to publish the light novels through the publisher Kadokawa in August 2020, so far only calculated with two volumes and without manga adaptation. Tuchihi is perhaps best known as a writer of light novels. Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru ((Cautious Hero: The hero is overwhelmed, but overly cautious), which inspired an anime in October 2019.
- Daiki Yamashita like Hiro Yuuki.
- Ayana Taketatsu as Reona Kisaragi.
- Ai fairouz like Alice.
- Shiori Izawa like Mizarisa.
- Aoi Koga as Kaede Yuuki.
- Haruki Ishiya like Martin.
- Kazuya miura ((Uzaki-cha wa Asobitai!, DRAMATIC Murder) is responsible for directing the anime in the studios ENGI.
- Kenta Ihara ((Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru, Yōjo Senki: Saga of Tanja the Evil, Ore cake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon: Kossori Kitaete Sekai Saikyō, Shacho, don't fight against any Jikan Desu!) is responsible for writing and monitoring the series scripts.
- Yuuta Kevin Kenmotsu is responsible for the character design.
Synopsis of Kyuukyoku Shinka Shita Full Dive RPG by Genjitsu yori mo Kusoge Dattara
The story follows a bored high school student named Hiro Yuuki who is tricked into joining an RPG in full immersion. The game, titled Kiwame Quest, is touted as "more real than reality" with stunning graphics, impressive NPC behavior and even the scent of leaves and the feel of the wind on your skin.
Unfortunately, the game is already a virtual ghost town after being inundated with complaints from gamers that it was too realistic for its own good. Their missions are almost impossible to complete as players have to be in the same physical form as their character to complete, as they would in real life. Players experience real pain when hit and stab wounds take days to heal. The only reward is the sheer feeling of accomplishment. It's the exact opposite of casual games, but Hiro promises to beat the most realistic game ever.
Source: Comic Natalie